With Revu 2015.1 and above, Administrators can deploy a registry key to Vu and Revu client systems to control Studio server access. If your organization is using Studio Enterprise, you can create a whitelist of allowed servers (e.g. Your Internal Server URL) while restricting access to external servers (e.g. studio.bluebeam.com). Along with this you also have the option of forcing users to login to your Studio Enterprise servers with Windows Authentication instead of entering a username and password in the software. Once configured, users will not be able to override these settings in Vu or Revu.
Creating a whitelist through a registry key
- Open the Registry Editor
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Bluebeam Software\Revu
For new installations of Revu 2016 and above, you will need to right-click and create a new Key named Revu in Bluebeam Software
- Right-click on the Revu folder, select New > Key and name it Studio
- Right-click on Studio, select New > String Value and name it AllowedServers
- Right-click on AllowedServers, select Modify and enter YourServerURL as the Value data.
- DO NOT include https in the server name.
- Separate multiple server URLs with a comma ‘,’ and no spaces (e.g. YourServerURL,studio.bluebeam.com)
- Users will not be able to create or delete servers in Revu and Vu.
- All Fields in the ‘Manage Server’ dialog box in Revu and Vu will be disabled.
- Resetting settings for Revu and Vu preserves the whitelist.
- Accessing a Studio link for non-whitelisted servers generates error.
Force Windows Authentication mode
- Start at the same Studio key created above, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Bluebeam Software\Revu\Studio.
- Right-click on Studio and select New > DWORD(32-bit) Value
- Name it WindowsAuthenticationOnly (case sensitive)
- Right-click on it and select Modify and set the Value to 1
- All fields of the Login dialog box are disabled, Windows Authentication is checked and cannot be un-checked.
- All fields in Edit server dialog are disabled. Windows Authentication is checked and cannot be un-checked.
- Generates error for servers which do not support Windows Authentication.
Revu and Vu Studio functionality will be disabled unless the Bluebeam Studio URL (studio.bluebeam.com) or your internal Studio Server URL has been enterned as described above.
Export this Studio Registry key and deploy it to client systems. Set permissions accordingly to prevent users from making changes to it.