Revu can create a new email message with the current PDF as an attachment with one click.
Revu can automatically attach the active PDF to your default, installed email program with the click of a button.
To send a PDF in an email:
- Open the PDF you wish to send in the email.
- The PDF you wish to send must be currently active in the workspace.
- Revu will send the current version of the PDF, including any recent changes you have made but not yet saved.
- Go to File > Email
or press CTRL+E.
If you have created an email template and would like to use it to send this email, go to File > Email Template and select the template instead.
An email message opens in your default email program with the PDF attached automatically. Add recipients and a message, as needed and/or desired
(if you used an email template, some or all of these fields might be automatically populated), and send the email.
Note: Revu uses your computer's default, installed email client. This feature does not work with browser-based webmail services.
To automatically insert additional information such as email addresses, subjects, and messages into email messages created with the email feature, create an email template.
Go to File > Email Template > New Template. The Email Template dialog box appears.
- Enter information in any of the available fields, as desired. Information entered into these fields will be automatically populated in future emails sent from Revu that use this template. Fields left blank can be completed on an individual basis as emails are sent.
- Click OK. The Save Email Template dialog box opens.
- Enter a name for the template and click OK.
To edit or delete an email template, go to File > Email Template and move the mouse over the desired template. Two icons will appear. Click the appropriate one:
- Edit: Opens the Email Template dialog box with the current configuration. Change any of the available fields and click OK.
- Delete: Deletes the template.
These icons only appear when the mouse arrow is over the name of the template.
The email templates shown under File > Email Template are those saved in the current template folder. Template folders can be on local or network drives. To change the current template folder, go to File > Email Template > Change Template Folder and browse to the desired folder.
Each template is saved as an individual XML file and can be moved between folders. Maintaining separate template folders allows you to organize templates in a myriad of ways (for example, by project) or to store more general-use templates on a network drive where they are can be accessed by multiple users.