You’ve purchased a Bluebeam Plan or started a trial, but Revu still displays your account as Package: Unpaid/Unassigned.
Your account could display as “Unassigned” for the following reasons:
- You’ve been invited as an end user but haven’t accepted the email invitation and activated your account.
- You’re the Org Admin and haven’t given yourself end user permissions.
- Your computer has Windows 7 installed. Revu 21 isn’t compatible with Windows 7.
- You have a license for an older version of Revu.
- You’ve installed Revu 21 without signing up for a trial.
You haven’t accepted the email invitation
Check your inbox for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org titled “You’ve been invited to a Bluebeam account” and click Accept Invitation.
You haven’t assigned yourself as an end user
If you’re an Org Admin, you must assign end user permissions to your account if you need to sign into Revu 21 and Bluebeam Cloud. After doing so, you must also modify subscription access for your account, or you’ll only have Read-only access. To do this:
- Sign into the Subscription Management Portal if you aren’t logged in already.
Make sure you are signed out of Revu 21 before assigning your account to a subscription plan.
- In your account, go to Account Administration > Users & Tier Management > User Overview.
- Locate your account email and select the menu icon next to Status.
- Select Modify Subscription Access.
- Choose a subscription plan with available seats.
- Select Save Changes.
Your computer has Windows 7 installed
Revu 21 is only compatible with Windows 10 and Windows 11. To sign in to Revu 21, upgrade to a compatible version of Windows.
You have a license for an older version of Revu
Revu has moved from a licensing model to a subscription model. If you have a license for Revu 20 and earlier, you’ll need to upgrade to Revu 21 or install the correct version from the Download Older Software page.
You’ve installed Revu 21 without signing up for a trial
Unlike previous versions of Revu, you must sign up for a free 30-day trial. If you haven’t created a Bluebeam ID (BBID), you can create one through the sign up process. If you already have a BBID, select your region, enter your email address, and select “Try It Today”. The following message appears: “It appears you’re already a Bluebeam user. You can start your new free trial by clicking here”. To start your trial, click the link.