Thank you for choosing Revu 2018! This tutorial will show you how to install Revu on your Microsoft® Windows® computer.
These instructions assume you’ve already downloaded the installation file for Revu. If you haven’t done so, please go to our Downloads & updates page and download the installer for the edition and software version listed on your license certificate.
Check Your Windows updates
Before starting the Revu installation, we highly recommend installing the latest Windows updates and completing any pending reboots, as failure to do so may cause issues with the Microsoft .NET Framework and Revu installations.
To check for Windows updates:
With the Revu installer downloaded and your PC up-to-date, you can begin the installation:
- Double-click the Revu installation file that you downloaded earlier to start the installation process.
- When the InstallShield Wizard dialog box displays, select the desired language (if it’s different from what’s selected) and click Next.
- If an older version of Revu is installed, the Installation Options dialog box may appear.
The Installation Options dialog will only appear when upgrading from Revu 2016 or newer. Click Next after selecting your choice. Both of these options will migrate your existing Revu settings to the newly installed version.
- Click Upgrade if you have upgraded your Revu license to Revu 2018.
- Click Side-by-Side if you haven’t upgraded and are installing Revu 2018 to evaluate the new version before purchasing.
- Read through the License Agreement carefully, and click “I accept the terms in the license agreement” if you agree to accept.
- Select your installation options and click Install.
During this part of the process on Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 SP1, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 will also be installed if it is not already. This may take a long time in some cases. Please allow enough time for this to finish.Revu will not install correctly without .NET Framework 4.6.1 or higher.
- Towards the end of the installation process, if Revu needs to install .NET Framework, you’ll be prompted to reboot the computer. Click Restart Now if instructed to do so.
Please allow time for the Revu installation to resume after .NET Framework is installed and Windows restarts. The Revu installation will resume automatically, but only after Windows has fully started and loaded all programs that start with Windows. If Outlook starts, it needs to be closed before the Revu installation can finish.
- When the Bluebeam Registration appears, enter the serial and product key listed on the License Certificate that was sent when the software was purchased, and click Register.
Alternatively, click Use as Trial if you haven’t purchased a license yet, or would like to complete the registration later. Clicking Cancel skips the registration process and activates a 30-day trial.
- Click Finish when the final installation dialog appears. Do not start Revu or the Bluebeam Administrator until after clicking Finish and the final installation window closes.
- The installation may require you to restart Windows. Save your work and close your programs before clicking Yes to proceed.
We have FAQ articles covering different installation issues if any of them arise. If you run into any error messages during the registration process please refer to our article on Bluebeam registration errors.
If the problem still persists, please contact us for licensing and registration questions or software support.