Revu 12.5 and above offer notification and alert features within Bluebeam Studio which help you stay updated on changes made to Sessions and Projects.
These messages fall into two categories:
- Notifications are emails that summarize Studio activity either for your Bluebeam Studio account, or for individual Sessions and Projects.
- Alerts are both sent and received by all attendees in a Session in real time.
Both notifications and alerts may be customized to suit your preferences.
Depending on your Studio Notification Preferences, your Studio emails can contain any combination of the following:
- All Session and Project activity
- Markup Alerts
- Session Updates
- Project Updates
Additionally, you can change notification preferences for individual Projects and Sessions.
Setting your notification preferences
To set your notification preferences,
- Log into Bluebeam Studio
- Right-click on a Session or Project.
- Select Manage Notifications, which opens a WebTab within Revu called Studio Notifications Preferences.
The first option in the list enables notifications for the current Session or Project. This setting is connected to the selections you make in the Account Preferences section, which determines the type of information you’ll receive in the notification email. If you don’t want to receive notifications for this specific Session or Project, simply leave the check box empty.
Setting your account preferences
This is where you decide what type of information you would like to receive in the emails, as well as how often you’d like to receive them.
- Send me a daily digest of all Session and Project activity – You’ll receive a single email at the end of each day containing an overview of all Studio activity related to your account. In other words, you’ll only receive notifications for active Sessions and/or Projects you’ve previously logged into.
- Send me an email about markup alerts – Studio sends you an email whenever someone sends you a Markup Alert. This comes in handy if you weren’t logged into the Session when the original alert was sent. The email also contains a direct link to the markup you’re being alerted about. Click on the link and Revu will open with the markup in view.
- Send me an email when a Session is updated – You’ll receive an email whenever a file has been added or removed from a Session. Please refer to the note below.
- Send me an email when a Project is updated – An email will be sent whenever a change is made to a Project. Please refer to the note below.
Once you’ve made your selections, save them by clicking Apply.
Managing other projects and sessions
If you’d like to receive notifications for other Projects or Sessions you’ve previously logged into, select Manage other Projects and Sessions located below the Account Preferences section to reveal the lists of applicable Sessions and Projects. Remember to select Apply to save your changes.
This Studio Sessions feature allows you to send real-time alerts to other attendees. The alerts appear in the Notifications section at the bottom of their Bluebeam Studio panel. When they click on an alert, they’re taken straight to the markup within the file. However, for all this to work, the Session host will need to enable Markup Alert permissions for attendees:
- Log into the Session and select Settings .
- When the Session Settings dialog box opens, click the Permissions tab. You’ll notice that the Markup Alert permission is set to “Deny.”
- Click on Markup Alert, select “Allow” from the dropdown menu, and click OK. So, let’s say you’re in a Session and place a high priority markup on a document; you can right-click on it, and use the Alert Attendee option to begin the process of selecting and alerting another attendee or group of attendees.
The first time you send an alert, select Choose to open the Alert Attendee or Group dialog box, where you can choose who you would like to send it to. If you’ve previously sent alerts in this Session, the previous recipients will be listed when you go back into the Alert Attendee option.
If you’re the host of the Session, you’ll also have the option of selecting groups of attendees as well.
If you’d like to select more than one attendee, you can do so by holding down Ctrl or Shift. When you’ve finished making your selections, select OK to immediately send the alert.
Once you’ve done this, alert recipients will see the Notifications tab flashing at the bottom of their Bluebeam Studio panel. They can select it to access and click an alert, which will take them to the corresponding markup in the document. At this point the alert will be grayed out, and it can be deleted by moving their mouse over it and clicking the red X located to the right of it.
Another great thing about this feature is that if you miss a Markup Alert notification email for some reason, you’ll see an indicator next to any Sessions with pending alerts the next time you log in.