- Revu for Mac 2
Revu for Mac offers notification features within Studio, helping you stay updated on changes made to Sessions and Projects. Notifications are emails that summarize Studio activity either for your Bluebeam Studio account or for individual Sessions and Projects. In this article, you’ll learn how to customize them to suit your preferences.
Depending on your Studio Notification Preferences, your Studio emails can contain any combination of the following:
- All Session and Project activity
- Session Updates
- Project Updates
Additionally, you can change notification preferences for individual Projects and Sessions.
Setting Your Notification Preferences
To set your notification preferences:
- Click the Studio panel (Option-C) and log in.
- Secondary click on the name of a Project or Session.
- From the dropdown menu, go to Manage Notifications.
A tab will open in your browser, displaying the Studio Notifications Preferences page.
If the Enable notifications for this project option is checked, it enables notifications for the current Session or Project. This setting is connected to the selections you make in the Account Preferences section, which determines the type of information you’ll receive in the notification email. If you don’t want to receive notifications for this specific Session or Project, leave the check box empty.
Setting Your Account Preferences
This is where you decide what type of information you would like to receive in the emails, as well as how often you’d like to receive them.
- Send me a daily digest of all Session and Project activity – If you select this option, you’ll receive a single email at the end of each day containing an overview of all activity within Studio related to your account. In other words, you’ll only receive notifications for active Sessions and/or Projects you’ve previously logged into.
- Send me an email with Markup Alerts for all Sessions – Selecting this option prompts Studio to send you an email whenever someone sends you a Markup Alert, which comes in handy if you weren’t logged into the Session when the original alert was sent. When you open the email, you’ll notice that in addition to a Session ID, it also contains a direct link to the markup you’re being alerted about. Clicking it will launch Bluebeam Revu and take you right to the markup.
This is a great way to get live updates on Session activity because the Notifications tab isn’t supported in Revu for Mac at this time.
- Send me an email when an active Session is updated – If you select this option, you’ll receive an email whenever a file has been added or removed from an active Session. Please refer to the note below.
- Send me an email when an active Project is updated – This option sends you an email whenever a change is made to a Project. Please refer to the note below.
For the Session and Project update notifications, there is an exception when it comes to event-based notifications, which under normal circumstances could flood your inbox with emails if there are lots of changes. To prevent this from happening, Bluebeam Studio checks for applicable events every 10 minutes and includes references to all changes during that 10-minute time frame in a single email. So if, for example, there are 50 changes in a particular 10-minute interval, you’ll receive a single email containing details about all of these events instead of 50 separate emails.
Once you’ve made your selections, save them by clicking Apply.
Managing Notifications for Other Projects and Sessions
If you’d like to receive notifications for attended Projects, select Manage other Projects and Sessions. Fill the check boxes for the Project notifications you want to receive, then click Apply.
Revu for Mac 2