Microsoft® Word® and Excel®
Can the Bluebeam PDF printer and plugins Append or Prepend to existing PDF files?
The short answer: Yes. Our users asked us for the ability to append or prepend files to existing PDF documents, and it is now available in Revu 10. What does this mean? PDF creation is not only limited to the production of new files. Append/Prepend, found in the Save As dialog from our supported plugins or by printing to the Bluebeam PDF printer, allows you to quickly add pages to the end or beginning of an existing PDF, in lieu of creating a second PDF and then using Insert Pages or Combine PDFs to create the single PDF. This is helpful when creating PDFs from different native applications, without having to run a batch process.
Here is a quick example:
- Open a document in Word, click the Create PDF button and save the PDF.
- Then, open a spreadsheet in Excel, click the Create PDF button.
- In the Save As dialog box, select the name of the PDF that you just created from Word.
- Select Append in the Append Mode drop-down list.
- Click Save. The new pages will be added to the end of the existing PDF file.
- Overwrite: Replace the existing PDF.
- Append: Add the new content to the end of the existing PDF.
- Prepend: Add the new content to the beginning of the existing PDF.