The mouse wheel is a sensitive issue because there are two separate groups of users who expect the wheel to behave in different ways. Document users expect scrolling and CAD users expects zooming – because these are the default behaviors in Word and CAD. We have tried to accommodate everyone by allowing the default behavior to be toggled, changed, and defined by how the PDF is being viewed
The mouse wheel has two different functions and the way that it functions depends partly on PDF is being viewed. The default behavior of the mouse wheel is to zoom when in Single page mode, and to scroll when the PDF is viewed in Continuous mode.
Switching to Continuous Mode
There are two methods of switching to Continuous mode.
- Using keyboard short cut: Press Ctrl+5.
- Click View > Continuous .
The View menu includes a total of four modes:
- Single page Ctrl+4
- Continuous Ctrl+5
- Side by Side Ctrl+6
- Continuous Side by side Ctrl+7
The current mode can always be toggled by holding down the Ctrl key while scrolling the mouse wheel.
Setting the Default Mode
The default mode can be be defined in the Revu Preferences by following the steps listed below:
- Click Settings > Preferences or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+K.
- Click Navigation on the left.
- Under Mouse wheel, click Zoom or Scroll in the Single Page Mode and Continuous Mode dropdown lists to set the desired behavior.
- Click Document on the left.
- Change the Page Layout dropdown to the setting you want. This setting defines the default behavior when a new document in opened.
- Document Based: Opens multi-page PDF’s in Continuous mode.
- Auto Detect by page size: Determines the layout based on the page size: pages under 14″ long will use the Continuous setting, while pages that are 14″ and longer will use the Single Page setting.
- Click OK.
For information about using Revu, please check out our video tutorials, FAQ’s, and the Revu manual, which can be found on our Support page. See the Customizing Revu series to see more ways you can configure the Revu environment to meet your individual needs.