This article applies to:
- Revu 20
When working in Revu, one of the following error messages appears:
- Revu’s Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software must be installed to scan documents for text.
- Revu’s Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software must be installed to select tags in some documents. Do you want to continue?
You are likely trying to use a tool that requires Optical Character Recognition (OCR), but your device doesn’t have OCR installed. This affects tools such as OCR, AutoMark, Sets, and Batch Link.
If you see an error message, it’s possible that:
- The OCR MSI was installed with Revu on your device, and then uninstalled at a later date.
- Your IT admin didn’t deploy the OCR MSI when Revu was installed on your device. Learn more about Revu 20 deployment.
You can download and install the OCR MSI file by following these steps:
- Close Revu .
- Download the OCR MSI file.
- When the User Account Control dialog appears, select Yes.
- Wait for the file to install. The dialog will disappear when the file is finished installing.
- When the installation dialog disappears, launch Revu .
- Use the same tool you were using at the time you received the error.
If the error persists, please contact us for additional support.
System & Environment