The ability to translate PDF markups into other languages is easy in Revu. The Translate Markups feature will translate all comments in the text field of PDF markups, as well as all the replies and comments in the Markups list.
To Translate Markups
- Open the PDF in Revu.
- Click Document > Process > Translate Markups . The Translate Markups dialog will display.
- Select the existing language in the From drop-down list or click the Auto check box.
- Select the output language in the To drop-down list.
- In the Pages field, define the pages that you want to translate.
- Click OK.
The translated text can be seen in three different places. The text of Text Box , Typewriter , Callouts , Notes or popup comments can be seen on the PDF page. Other text, including the replies and comments for non-text markups, like a Cloud or Rectangle , can be seen in the Markups list. (Press Alt+L to display the Markups list.) Comments for all markups, but not replies, can also be seen at the top of the Properties tab. (Press Alt+P to display the Properties tab.)
- Only markups are translated. The text of the PDF is not translated.
- The translation will be permanent if you save the PDF.
- Revu must be able to connect to the Internet to use Translate Markups.