There are times when you may need to add your signature to a PDF file. Instead of printing the PDF, signing it by hand, and then scanning the page back to PDF, you can add an electronic signature straight from Revu. There are two ways to add your signature to a document: by importing an image of your signature or by using the Pen tool.
Using an image of your signature
To add a signature to your PDF:
- Scan an image or take a picture of your signature against a white background and then import it to your computer.
- In Revu, open a PDF that you would like to add your signature to.
- Click the Markup > Image button, select the image, and add it to the PDF.
- In the Properties tab, use the Crop feature to remove the unwanted parts of the image. Draw a rectangle around the part of the image that you want to keep.
- Now resize the image and move it to where you want it.
- The background is still solid, which means the image will block everything behind it. To make the background transparent, select the image, click the Mask Color box in the Properties tab, and then select the color closest to your background. You can also use the eyedropper tool and click the background color of your image.
- Increase the ± tolerance next to Mask Color until the background is transparent.
Save for future use
Now you can add your signature to the Tool Chest . Once your signature is in the Tool Chest, you can add it to any documents that need your signature. To add it to your Tool Chest, right-click on the image and click Add to Tool Chest > My Tools.
Flatten the document
Before you send your PDF, you can Flatten the image. Flattening the image binds the signature you made to the document, making it more difficult to move or delete. To flatten, right-click on the image and then click Flatten.
Using the Pen tool
Another way to create an electronic signature is to use the Pen tool. Since it’s difficult to write legibly with a mouse, if you have access to a tablet PC or a pen input device, like a Wacom tablet, you can use the Pen tool to sign directly onto your PDF. Once you’ve completed your signature, you can save it to the Tool Chest for future use by following the steps above.