Learn how to backup, reset, and restore your Revu for Mac settings.
Bluebeam® Revu® for Mac® 2.0
Backing up, resetting, and restoring your Revu settings are each helpful in their own way. Maintaining a backup of your settings in a safe place (like an external drive) is a great way to insure files in case your computer fails, or you need to transfer your data to a new one. From there, you can restore the backup file on any computer with Revu. Resetting your settings, meanwhile, will return Revu to its original state. This can be useful if you made a change you didn’t intend, but are unsure how it happened.
How to access the Reset Settings Application
The options for creating a backup, resetting, and restoring your settings are all found within the same application:
- Quit Revu if it’s open.
- If Revu is in your Dock, secondary click on the Revu button, hover over Options, then select Show in Finder.
- Alternatively, open Finder, then select Revu from the Applications.
- Secondary click on Revu in the Finder window, then select Show Package Contents.
- Open the Contents folder.
- Open the Revu Reset Settings application.
- A dialog appears, from which you can select Reset, Backup or Restore your settings.
Create a Backup
- Follow the steps above, then click Backup Settings.
- Select the folder where you want to save your settings.
- Click Save.
To reset your settings, open the Reset Settings application as described above, then click Reset Settings.
Once you have created a backup, you can restore your settings by following these steps:
- Open the Finder.
- Go to the file location where you saved your backup.
- Extract the contents of the ZIP (.zip) file, then select the folder. Revu will automatically import its contents.