This article applies to:
- All versions of Revu
When you create and save a new template in Revu, the save location defaults to a folder on your local drive.
In some cases, you may need to save or move templates to a shared drive, so other users can access them. In this article, we’ll go over how to save new templates and move existing templates to a shareable location.
Save a new template to a shared drive
- With your new template open in Revu, go to File > New PDF from Template… > Save As Template.
- Navigate to the shared drive or network where you’d like to save your template.
- After choosing a folder within the shared drive, enter a file name in the File Explorer dialog box.
- Click Save.
Now, your template will appear in the dropdown list in Revu, and other users can import the same template from the shared drive.
Move an existing template to a shared drive
If you’ve already created and saved PDF templates in Revu, you can still share them among your team or organization by moving them to a shared drive. To do this:
- Launch the Windows File Explorer.
- From the sidebar, navigate to the Local Disk.
- Open the Users folder.
- Select the username associated with your device.
- Switch from the Home tab to View at the top of the dialog box.
- Select Hidden items. This will make your AppData folder visible.
- Go to AppData > Roaming > Bluebeam Software > Revu > Version > Templates.
- Select the template(s) you’d like to make accessible from a shared drive.
- Press Ctrl+C to copy the file(s).
- Navigate to the shared drive and paste (Ctrl+V) the template(s) into an applicable folder.
Now your previously saved custom template(s) will be available to anyone who has access to the shared drive. For more information about how to create and import custom templates, please see this article.
Revu 2017 & Below