Follow the links below for answers to Studio FAQs and links to related resources.
Revu for iPad
- Do I need an account to join a Studio Session or Project?
- What do I need to start a Studio Session or Project?
- What do I need in order to join a Studio Session or Project?
- What’s the maximum number of users that can join a Studio Session or Project?
- What is the maximum file size for Studio Sessions or Projects?
- What’s the maximum size of markups that can be added to a PDF in a Studio Session or Project?
- How do I add and remove PDF files from an active Session or Project?
- How long does a Studio Session or Project remain active on the server?
- When do users receive Session Expiration notifications?
- What does the Email Notifications check box do?
- What does it mean to finish a Session?
- What is studio.bluebeam.com?
- Why can’t I log into Studio?
- Our company’s network policies prohibit access to external services like Studio. How do I block our users from accessing it?
Do I need an account to join a Studio Session or Project?
What do I need to start a Studio Session or Project?
- A licensed copy or fully-functional trial of Revu, or Revu for iPad or Vu for iPad
- A valid email address so you can create your free Studio account
- A broadband Internet connection
As the host, you’ll start Sessions or Projects, add documents, invite attendees, and define the security and permissions (such as the ability to save or print PDF files). With this, you’ll be the only person with the ability to generate a report of activity in the Record, or finish the Session.
The host doesn’t need to be in the active Session or Project when invited attendees login and add markups.
What do I need in order to join a Studio Session or Project?
- An installation of Revu, or Revu for iPad or Vu for iPad
- If you have not purchased Revu, you can still use a fully-functional trial installation of Revu or Vu for iPad to attend a Studio Session or Project you’ve been invited to.
- A valid email address so you can create your free Studio account.
You’ll need this account so the host can authorize your participation in a Session or Project, and so other attendees can identify you.
- A broadband Internet connection so you can connect to the Studio server.
Depending on your company’s network policies; you may need to open ports in your firewall or proxy server if you’re unable to connect to the Studio server.
What’s the maximum number of users that can join a Studio Session or Project?
Studio Sessions can accommodate up to 500 attendees, while an unlimited number of people can be invited to a Project.
What is the maximum file size for Studio Sessions or Projects?
Up to 5,000 PDF documents can be uploaded in a Session and each PDF file can be up to 1 GB in size. However, there are no quantity or size limits for Projects.
What’s the maximum size of markups that can be added to a PDF in a Studio Session or Project?
In a Session, each markup can be up to 10 MB in size, but there isn’t a limit for markup sizes in Studio Projects.
How do I add and remove PDF files from an active Session or Project?
In general, only the host can add or remove PDF files. The host can give other users permission to upload and manage files.
If you’re using Revu for iPad, please go to the Revu for iPad page to look at the video tutorials about Starting a Studio Session , working in Studio Sessions and Projects , as well as the Revu for iPad Help Guide.
How long does a Studio Session or Project remain active on the server?
For Studio Sessions, the following will happen if it’s not used:
- After 80 days, a notification email is sent to the Host saying the Session will be archived.
- After 90 days, the Session will be archived.
- After 170 days, the Host will receive another email stating that the Session will be deleted.
- After 180 days, the Session will be deleted permanently. It cannot be recovered at this point.
For Studio Projects
- Studio Projects are never marked for archival or deletion, and can only be deleted by the Project owner.
- Deleted Projects or Project files are purged from our servers after 120 days.
When do users receive Session expiration notifications?
If you create a Studio Session with an expiration date, expiration notices are sent out at the following intervals leading up to the expiration date:
- 7 days before
- 2 days before
- 24 hours before
A Session Ended email is sent when the Session finally expires, and a Session Renewed notice will be received if it’s renewed (re-opened).
What does the Email Notifications check box do?
When creating a new Session in Studio, you will see a check box for Email Notifications in the Start Studio Session options. This option enables a daily summary of Session activity to be emailed to the Session host, as well as alerts on new activity when the host is not active in the Session.
In Studio Projects, you can manage notifications and alerts by right-clicking on the Studio Project in the Studio panel, and clicking Manage Notifications from the context menu.
What does it mean to finish a Session?
By choosing to finish the Session, the host ends the Session and downloads the documents from the Studio server. However, archived copies of the files are retained by the system for 120 days before being permanently deleted.
The Finish Session dialog box allows the host to create the Session Report and select how to save or discard the documents.
What is studio.bluebeam.com?
This is the Studio web portal, where you can:
- Manage your Profile
- Change your Studio password or associated email address
- View a list of Studio Sessions you have created
- View a list of attendees for each Session
- View a list documents within each Session
- Recover deleted documents
- Reassign ownership of a Session
Why can’t I log into Studio?
You may not have validated your account. A user will not be able to log into the system if the email address has not been validated within 1 week of creating the account.
Our company’s network policies prohibit access to external services like Studio. How do I block our users from accessing it?
You can close the ports in your firewall or proxy server that are required for Studio connections.
The hosts and port numbers are:
Revu is proxy aware so please make sure the Force proxy use check box in the Revu Studio Preferences does not have a checkmark in it.
Setting Studio Project Permissions – Learn how to set up complex Permission structures for Project attendees.
Studio Workflow Videos – Learn how to use Studio from Bluebeam’s Training team.
Studio (Revu Help) – Read in-depth information about all things Studio.
What is View Mode? – Learn about View mode, the replacement for Vu for Windows built-in to Revu.
Revu for iPad Help Guide – Comprehensive PDF Guide covering Revu for iPad features.
Vu for iPad Help Guide – Comprehensive PDF Guide covering Vu for iPad features.