The Alt, Shift and Ctrl keys aren’t limited to keyboard shortcuts. They can also be used to modify the way your mouse interacts with Revu, improving the speed and efficiency of your workflows. Each key will activate a different function based on the context they are used in.
|General||Copy and paste||Callouts|
- Ctrl can be used to override Snap To settings while creating or editing a markup, allowing you to place the point anywhere.
- Hold Shift while clicking and dragging a markup to move it in a straight line up, down, left or right.
- Ctrl also toggles the mouse wheel between zoom and pan. For more information, read Configuring the mouse wheel.
- While placing a markup, moving a markup, or holding a control point, you can pause these actions and pan around the document by holding Spacebar. Return to editing your markup by releasing Spacebar.
Control points in Polyline or Polygon markups
- Add new line segments to a polygon or polyline markup (such as the Cloud , Polygon , Polyline , Perimeter or Area tools) by creating new control points. Hold Shift and click on a line segment to add a control point.
- Delete a control point in a polygon or polyline markup by holding Shift and clicking on a yellow control point.
- Press Ctrl while clicking on a polyline’s control point to convert it from straight to curved (or vice versa). This is a shortcut to Convert Control Point (right-click > Control Point > Convert Control Point to Curve .)
- Normally, the handlebars for a curved point will move together. Ctrl+click on a handlebar’s control point to move that point independently.
Learn more about arcs and curves here.
- Hold down the Shift key while creating an Arc to create a circular arc.
- To create an arc from three points, select the Arc tool, hold down Alt and select the desired points.
- Shift will also break the aspect ratio of polyline- and polygon-based markups when you’re moving the corner control point. This modifier also breaks the aspect ratio of Image markups when you’re creating or editing them.
Markups will snap to 15° increments when rotated using the top control point. Hold Shift while rotating a markup to release the snap and allow for rotations in 1° increments.
Copy and paste markups
- Ctrl+click and drag a markup to copy it.
- Ctrl+Shift+click on a markup to copy it, then drag to move the copy in a straight line.
- After using Ctrl+C to copy a markup, you can press Ctrl+Shift+V to paste that markup in the same position as the original. For example, if you need to cloud a room that appears on multiple pages, you can create a cloud, then use this modifier to quickly create the same markup in the same position on each subsequent page.
Drawing straight lines
- Hold Shift while using Line , Arrow , Polyline , Polygon or any Measurement markup to draw a straight horizontal, vertical or 45° line.
- Hold Shift while using Polyline Sketch to Scale or Polygon Sketch to Scale to snap to 45-degree increments.
- Hold Shift while using the Pen or Highlight tools to draw straight lines horizontally or vertically.
The Highlight tool turns into an I-beam cursor so long as the Enable Text Highlighting setting is active (Revu > Preferences (Ctrl+K) > Window > Tablet). To override this setting and draw freely, hold Ctrl as you use the tool.
Drawing circles and squares
- Hold down Shift while using the Ellipse tool to create a circle.
- Hold down Shift while clicking on a square control point on an ellipse to change it to a circle and resize it from the center outwards.
- If you are using the Rectangle tool, hold down Shift to create a square.
- If you want to draw circles from the center outward, simply hold down Alt before drawing with the Ellipse tool. This is useful if you are drawing a circle based on a known radius.
- The Callout tool has many control points that allow you to move each of its parts individually. To move the markup as a whole, simply hold down Alt as you click and drag it.
- You can also Add Leader lines in a Callout by holding down Shift while clicking on a control point in the bend of an existing leader. Use Shift+click on the control point of the leader’s point to Delete Leader .
Moving measurement captions
Hold Shift while clicking on the caption of a Measurement markup to move it separately from the markup.
File access and hyperlinks
Ctrl+click on a hyperlink or PDF in the File Access tab to open it as a new tab in the background (i.e. the file or link will not become your active tab or window). Use this if you want to open something to look at later.
Selecting multiple markups
Shift+click on each of the markups. This method may be used as an alternative to clicking and dragging a rectangle around the markups.