iOS 11 Compatibility
Revu iPad now officially supports iOS 11.
- Support for Egnyte – access and sync your files and folders.
- Resolved issue with form Flatten.
- Resolved issue with applying filter to Layer column.
- Resolved issue affecting some Studio Session Markups.
- Stability and performance improvements.
- Support for Dropbox’s API v2
- Resolved issue with Markups shifting
Support for Revu 2017 for Windows
- Ability to render and interact with new measurement markups created in Revu 2017: Polylength, Slope, Custom counts/columns, Width/height, Depth & wall area
3.8.2 – Vu iPad (only)
- Fixed issue in Vu iPad that caused the Tool Chest tab to not appear.
- Resolved issue affecting check-in of some Studio Project files.
Print documents to an AirPrint printer.
Overall Improvements and Resolved Issues
- Improved syncing speeds for Studio Projects.
- Stability and performance improvements.
iOS 10 Compatibility
Revu iPad now officially supports iOS 10.
- Syncing new local files to a Project no longer results in data loss.
- Filtering the Markups list by layer will not cause the app to crash.
- Fixed issues with accessing Studio Projects via the Studio panel.
- Addressed issue that caused the inability to check out files in Studio Projects.
- Fixed connection issue with Studio.
- Addressed issue with app crashing when creating a new Studio account.
Studio Sessions Offline
Continue working on Session documents without an internet connection
- Loss of Status when opening another document
- Open-In from Email not working
- Stability and performance improvements
- Fixed instances of hyperlinks breaking with locally stored Projects documents
- Ability to change WebDAV password without deleting and re-adding
- Stability and performance improvements
Redesigned Document Manager
Improved cloud account management, file navigation and syncing.
Tech Support – Screen Share
Screen share option now available during tech support calls.
- Resolved an issue with some hyperlinks not functioning properly.
- Addressed an issue that caused an invalid file error when opening certain documents.
- Additional fixes, and stability and performance improvements.
iOS 9 Compatibility
Revu iPad now officially supports iOS 9.
Stability improvements and fixes.
Fixed issues that caused the app to crash when syncing large numbers of files.
Now when flattening documents, forms will be flattened as well. However, please note that form fields cannot be unflattened.
- Hyperlinks opening incorrect pages if previous PDF not closed
- Opening a hyperlink folder opens empty
- From data not retained when lines have autocorrected text
64 Bit Support
Compatible with 64 bit devices.
Fixed issues including a crash when working offline with Box as well as hyperlinks appearing dead when offline.
- Use the Stamp tool in the Markup toolbar to add “rubber stamp” comments
- Manage Stamps by importing and deleting them in the app
Issue fixes including support for iOS 8.3
Resolves issues with the Pen and Highlighter tool and adding images through the Document Manager for Capture.
Automatic Session Expiration
Studio Sessions created on the iPad now can be set to automatically expire at a specific date and time. When that period has expired, markup activity and Session access are automatically restricted, and notification emails are sent to all attendees leading up to the expiration.
Fixed bugs and resolved issue that prevented users from adding an image to a document, as well as an issue with Capture that affected iOS7 devices only.
View, navigate and markup PDFs faster than ever with no modifications to your original document. Studio GO™ provides immediate access to your Studio Session and Studio Project drawings with an all-new instant rendering engine for your single sheet, large format documents.
Continue working on your files within Revu while a sync job is in progress-applicable for all supported cloud services.
Capture now supports video recording and can be played back directly from each markup’s Capture viewer. The Capture column in the Markups list shows which markups contain Capture media.
The new Cloud+ markup combines the functionality of the Cloud and Callout markups into a single tool.
Support for folder hyperlinks, which opens the Document Manager to the hyperlinked directory.
iOS 8 compatibility
Revu iPad 2.9.1 officially supports iOS 8.
Users can opt in to receive push notifications for Markup Alerts. Alerts will navigate directly to the markup of interest in the associated Session.
This update is to help those experiencing Revu 2.8 updating issues on the App Store.
Studio Email Notifications Compatibility
Improved support for Studio Session hyperlinks in Markup Alert notification emails. Hyperlinks now navigate directly to the markup of interest in the associated Session.
Resolved issues including instances of users not being able to edit text markups or open attachments, as well as an upgrade issue that occurred when accessing a Studio Project.
Fixed bugs and improved overall stability in Studio.
Citrix ShareFile Support
Access files and folders, upload new files and edit PDFs from Citrix ShareFile.
- Draw an electronic signature and edit its properties in an enlarged preview.
- Save signatures for future use in the new Signatures tool set.
Export Tool Sets
Export tool sets via email, or by uploading them to a supported cloud service.
Learn more about using Revu and its features with a new, integrated Help Guide.
Fixed Webdav authentication issue.
Extract & Email
Select specific pages in a document to extract and email from the Thumbnails tab.
Set a preference to utilize the Magnified Viewer when drawing and resizing any type of markup.
Open In File Support
View any file type from Box, Dropbox, WebDAV and Studio Projects, or via iTunes, by selecting a supporting application from the Document Manager.
- Open any type of file attachment on a PDF by selecting a supporting application.
- View attached PDFs and common image, audio and video file types directly within Revu.
Studio enhancements and bug fixes.
- Embed multiple photos into your markups from the Camera tool, Photo Library or cloud storage.
- View and manage Capture photos via a convenient pop-up viewer.
Reply to Markups
- View, add, delete and edit replies to markups in the Markups list.
- Radius tool has been added to the Field Measurement tools.
- Perimeter and Area measurements now include a Depth parameter for calculating Wall Area and Volume.
- Wall Area column has been added to the Markups list.
- Support for SmartGroup™ measurement summation.
Clear Viewports Button
Remove unwanted or erroneous viewports created outside of Revu iPad
iOS 7 Compatibility
Fully compatible with iOS7
- Camera Tool now includes a full screen viewer
- Fixed issues and improved overall stability
Fixed minor issues and improved stability.
Lasso and Selection Box
Use the Lasso and Selection Box tools to multi-select markups for modification, cut/copy/pasting and deletion.
- Improved download performance when syncing files from Box.
- Fixed issue hindering offline file browsing speed within the Document Manager.
- Improved compatibility with iOS 7. Official iOS 7 support will be introduced in the next release.
PDF AcroForms can now be filled out and saved
Field Measurement Tools
- Calibration, Length, Area, Perimeter, Volume and Count measurement tools
- Ability to view, calibrate and embed scales in PDFs
- Magnified viewer for measurement annotation precision and adjustment
- Support for scripted calculations when filling out forms
- Use of custom column formulas created in Revu Windows
Pen Tool Upgrade
Enhanced line redraw and smoothness for improved handwriting performance using the Pen tool
Text Input Enhancements
Speech to text, spellcheck and text copy/paste
2-finger pan support
Two-finger panning while a markup tool is selected
Fixed bugs and improved overall stability.
Go backwards and forward with web-like Previous View and Next View navigation buttons.
Adjust the resolution of image attachments using the Photo Preferences.
Fixed additional issues and improved overall performance.
Studio Projects Support
Access Studio Projects created in the Windows version of Revu, upload new files, Check Out and Check In PDFs and edit PDFs offline.
Perform 2-way (upload and download) file and folder sync from Dropbox, Box, WebDAV and Studio Projects via the Document Manager.
- Configure text markups, including callouts, with an Auto Size option to resize text as the markup gets resized.
- Leader lines will automatically re-attach to the appropriate side of the text box when moving callouts.
- Cloud properties now include the ability to modify the size of cloud curves.
- Record Audio and Video markups that will be saved to the PDF as an attachment, using the iPad’s built-in microphone and camera.
- “Save as” has been added to the File Options menu.
- Image attachments are now represented by a new icon.
Sync down files and entire folders from Dropbox, Box or via a WebDAV connection using the Document Manager.
Search for text in a PDF. Results will display in a list. Tapping a result will take you directly to its location on the PDF.
Tool Chest Details Mode
Access markup details in the Tool Chest, which were created in the Windows version of Revu.
Rename bookmarks by simply double tapping them in the Bookmarks list.
Add and Delete Pages
Insert new pages and delete existing pages in PDFs from the Thumbnails tab.
Rearrange pages in a PDF with a simple drag and drop. Tap and hold a page from the Thumbnails tab to drag it.
Multi-select mode enables you to rotate and delete multiple pages all at once from the Thumbnails tab.
- View Spaces in PDFs that were created in the Windows version of Revu.
- Save files with another file name using “Save As.” Simply tap and hold the file name on the document tab to Save As.
- Fixed an issue where emailing a PDF directly from Revu iPad on iOS6 may cause the app to freeze or crash.
Place your index finger and thumb on the thumbnail view of any page and twist to rotate the page.
Capture an area of a PDF and paste it to another PDF or page.
Flatten your markups into the PDF content to make them a permanent, unchangeable part of your PDF.
Add bookmarks to PDFs through the Bookmarks Tab.
- Support for international regional formatting.
- More rendering preferences added.
- Dropbox, Box and WebDAV accounts can now be edited through the Document Manager.
Easily take photos using the iPad’s built-in camera, and insert them directly to a PDF using the Camera Tool located on the Markups Toolbar.
Delete Markup Button
Delete Markup button has been added to the Markup Toolbar for easy access.