This article will help you install Revu on a single computer. If you’re an IT Administrator attempting to deploy Revu 21 across multiple computers at your organization, check out our Revu 21 IT Admin Resources.
- Ensure compatibility and update Windows: Ensure your system is compatible with Revu on the Bluebeam Revu Compatibility Chart. Check your Windows updates and complete any pending reboots, as failure to do so may cause issues with the .NET Framework and Revu installations.
- Save your work and close any running programs, as the system may need to restart before the installation is completed. If you are a Studio user, check in all Project files and ensure pending Session items have been uploaded to avoid potential data conflicts between versions. Click here for more information on reconciling changes.
- Once you’ve downloaded the installer, open the .exe file.
- When the InstallShield Wizard dialog box displays, select the desired language and click Next.
- If you have an earlier version of Revu already installed (Revu 2016 and above), the Installation Options dialog box will appear.
- Click Upgrade if you want to update your existing software to the latest version (e.g., Revu 20 to Revu 21.)
- Click Side-by-Side if you are installing a new version of Revu to evaluate before purchasing. This way, you will be able to keep both instances of Revu on your computer.
- Click Install after selecting your choice.
- Click Finish when the final installation dialog appears. Do not start Revu or the Bluebeam Administrator until you click Finish and the final installation window closes.
- Once installation is finished, open Revu and sign in with your BBID when prompted to activate.
If you encounter issues, please contact us for further installation support.