Revu can create an interactive table of contents in a document. If the PDF already includes bookmarks, the process is as simple as exporting the bookmarks, then inserting the export to the beginning of the original PDF.
Create a table of contents
- Open a PDF in Revu.
- Use the Export Bookmarks feature to create a new PDF that contains a hyperlinked list of the existing bookmarks:
- Go to Window > Panels > Bookmarks (Alt+B).
- From the Bookmarks panel toolbar, select Bookmarks > Export Bookmarks.
- In the Export Bookmarks dialog box, ensure Open File After Creation is selected.
- Click Save. A new PDF will automatically open with a hyperlinked list of bookmarks from the original file.
- Use the Insert Pages function to place the export at the beginning of the original PDF:
- Reopen the original PDF, then go to Document > Insert > Pages from Document (Ctrl+Shift+I).
- From the Insert Pages dialog box, click Add, select the export (saved as Original File Name_Bookmarks.pdf), and click Open.
Alternatively, click Add Open Files and remove all documents from the list except the bookmark export.
- In the Into section of the Insert Pages dialog box, click the dropdown menu, and then select Before.
- Select First Page.
- Click OK.
If no bookmarks exist