- Revu 20
- Revu 2019
- Revu 2018
If you need a quick way to create multiple punch symbols, you can use Excel® to create their basic properties and then import them into a new or preexisting tool set.
To create a tool set in Excel:
- Open a blank Excel file, and enter the basic properties for each new Punch symbol that you will create:
- Type the Subject for each symbol in Column A.
- Type the abbreviation that will appear inside the Punch symbol in Column B. You’ll see this text when the markup is placed on a drawing.
- Type the definition of the symbol in Column C, which will appear in the Comments column of the Markup List.
- Go to File > Save As. The Save As dialog appears.
- Select the Save as type dropdown and choose CSV (Comma delimited).
- Save the file to a convenient location.
To import the tool set:
- Open Revu.
- Open the Tool Chest (Alt+X) panel.
- Click the Tool Chest dropdown and select Manage Tool Sets. The Manage Tool Sets dialog appears.
- Select the tool set you want to add the new Punch symbols to, and then click Modify. The Modify Tool Set dialog opens.
- If you want to create a new tool set, click Add.
- Type a name for the new tool set and click OK.
- Click Punchkey Import.
- Locate your CSV file, select it and click Open.
- Click OK in both the Modify Tool Set and Manage Tool Sets dialog boxes.
You should now see the new Punch symbols in the tool set where you imported the CSV data.
Learn how to use Excel to quickly create many different punch symbols at the same time.