This article applies to:
- Revu 20
- Revu 2019
When working in Revu, the program crashes, freezes, or the document tab appears blank.
Revu 2019 introduced hardware-accelerated rendering for 2D drawings, which is the default rendering engine in Revu.
Issues can occur when:
- a computer’s graphics processing unit (GPU) doesn’t meet our minimum hardware requirements
- a GPU driver is out of date.
Confirm that your GPU meets our minimum hardware requirements. Visit your GPU or graphics card manufacturer’s website to ensure it supports OpenGL 3.2 (or above) or OpenGL ES 3.0 (or above).
If your hardware meets requirements
If your hardware does not meet requirements
Set the Revu rendering engine to Software; this will use the Skia Graphics engine instead of the GPU.
To set rendering to Software:
- Open Revu .
- Go to Revu > Preferences (Ctrl+K).
- In the sidebar, click Advanced and then 2D Rendering at the top.
- Click Rendering Engine and select Software.
- Click OK.
If you’re still experiencing issues, please contact us.