The Save As dialog never displays and a PDF isn’t created when printing to the Bluebeam PDF printer , Bluebeam Stapler, or Bluebeam Plugin .
You can follow relevant steps listed below, based on whether or not you’re experiencing the problem when using the Bluebeam PDF printer or the Bluebeam Plugin within a supported third-party program.
For issues with the Bluebeam PDF Printer
If you’re creating PDF files using the Bluebeam PDF printer , Bluebeam Stapler or “Create PDF” function in Revu
- Open the Bluebeam Administrator:
Go to Start > All Programs > Bluebeam Software > Bluebeam Administrator.
In Windows 10 and 8.1, click or press Start and type Bluebeam Administrator.
Go to Help > Administrator in Revu.
- Click the Printer tab in the Bluebeam Administrator and make sure the Prompt for file name and Open in viewer boxes are checked.
- Right-click the Reinstall Printer button and click Uninstall Printer.
- After the printer has been uninstalled, click Reinstall Printer to reinstall it.
- In the Port Monitor section, located in the lower-right of the page, click Restart.
The Port Monitor won’t work unless the BBPrint.exe process is running. Please do not remove this from the list of startup items.
- Click Apply and OK to apply your settings and close the Bluebeam Administrator.
The first time you try to create a PDF after this, you might see Save As dialogs for previous PDF conversions that didn’t complete. You can click Cancel to abort the ones you don’t want.
For issues with the Bluebeam Plugin
If you’re using the Bluebeam Plugin for Office®, AutoCAD®, Navisworks®, Revit® or SolidWorks®
- Complete the steps listed above in the Bluebeam Administrator.
- Open the file in Office, AutoCAD or SolidWorks.
- On the ribbon, click Bluebeam then click Change Settings.
- Ensure the Prompt for file name and Open in viewer settings are checked.
- Click Create File.