If you’re creating PDF files using the Bluebeam PDF printer , Bluebeam Stapler or Create PDF function in Revu:
- Open the Bluebeam Administrator:
Go to Start > All Programs > Bluebeam Software > Bluebeam Administrator.
In Windows 10 and 8.1, click or press Start and type Bluebeam Administrator.
Go to Help > Administrator in Revu.
- Click on the Logging tab, and then the Clean Temp button.
- Click the Printer tab in the Bluebeam and make sure the Prompt for file name and Open in viewer boxes are checked.
- Right-click the Reinstall Printer button and click Uninstall Printer.
- After the printer has been uninstalled, click Reinstall Printer to reinstall it.
- In the Port Monitor section, located in the lower-right of the page, click Restart.
- Click Apply and OK to apply your settings and close the Bluebeam Administrator.
The first time you try to create a PDF after this, you might see Save As dialogs for previous PDF conversions that didn’t complete. You can click Cancel to abort the ones you don’t want.
If you’re using the Bluebeam plugin for Office, AutoCAD, Navisworks, Revit or SolidWorks:
- Complete the steps listed above in the Bluebeam Administrator.
- Open the file in Office, AutoCAD or SolidWorks.
- On the ribbon, click Bluebeam then click Change Settings.
- Ensure the Prompt for file name and Open in viewer settings are checked.
- Click Create File.
Note: The first time you try to create a PDF after this, you might see Save As dialogs for previous PDF conversions that didn’t complete. You can click Cancel to abort the ones you don’t want.
In addition to looking at the Revu Help Guide, please check out the Bluebeam Support page where you’ll also find video tutorials and FAQ’s covering PDF Creation using the Bluebeam PDF printer , Bluebeam Stapler, or the Bluebeam plugin within supported programs, such as AutoCAD , Revit , Navisworks , SketchUp Pro , as well as Microsoft Outlook , and Microsoft Office .