- Revu for Mac 2
Syncing in Revu for Mac
When editing files in a Studio Project, an internet connection is preferred. However, this isn’t always possible, especially when working from remote job sites. That’s why Revu for Mac offers various methods for editing Project files offline, and then syncing edits once internet connection is restored. You can think of it as pre-loading the files onto your computer.
Preparing to work offline
- Open Studio and go to the Projects panel.
- From your Project, designate the files you want to work with by hovering over and clicking the Set to Sync icon at the top right corner. This creates locally cached copies of the files when the icon is a solid green .
You can designate all files inside a folder the same way. Click the Set to Sync icon next to a folder to mark all subfolders and the files they contain.
- Secondary click on the file or folder and select Check Out . This locks the files so no one else can change them.
- To begin working offline, click the Conncted button to disconnect from the internet. Now you can markup synced files offline.
After the changes you made offline have been saved, Revu will store the file in a local cache.
Uploading your changes when you are back online
When you connect to the internet again, you can sync your files and edits back to the Studio Project.
- Click Offline to re-connect with Studio Projects. Now you can check-in your edited files.
- Secondary click on the file in the Pending Changes list and select Check In .
Syncing in Revu for iPad
You can work offline in Revu for iPad as well.
Revu for Mac 2