The Bluebeam plugin does not appear in the ribbon or toolbar of your Microsoft® Office or CAD program.
The Bluebeam plugin is installed in the following applications:
- AutoCAD® and verticals built on top of AutoCAD, like Architecture and Mechanical.
- AutoCAD LT®
AutoCAD LT does not utilize all features of the Bluebeam plugin. You will not have access to any of the batch options available in AutoCAD.
- Autodesk® Revit®
- Autodesk Navisworks® Manage and Navisworks Simulate
- SketchUp® Pro
- Microsoft Office® (Word®, Excel® and PowerPoint®, Outlook®)
First, check the Compatibility Chart to see if your version of Bluebeam supports the application you are trying to integrate with.
Enable the plugin from the Bluebeam Administrator
- Exit the program.
- Open the Bluebeam Administrator:
In Windows 10 and 8.1, click or press Start and type Bluebeam Administrator.
Go to Revu > Administrator from the Menu bar.
- Click the Plugins tab.
- Fill the check box next to the desired program.*
- Click OK.
- Restart the program.
*If the box was already filled, follow these steps to reset the plugin:
- Clear the check box for the affected Office application and click Apply.
- Open the Office application, the Bluebeam plugin should not appear.
- Close the Office application.
- Return to the Bluebeam Administrator and fill the Microsoft Office check box.
- Click OK.
- Launch the application and the Bluebeam plugin should appear on the Ribbon.
Enable the plugin from the Office application (2010 and above)
If you still don’t see the plugin, it may be disabled within the Office application.
- On the File tab, click Options.
- Click the Add-Ins category in the left column.
- In the Manage drop-down list in the lower left, select COM Add-ins, and click the Go button. The COM Add-Ins window will display.
- Fill the BluebeamOfficeAddIn check box and click OK.