Studio Groups collects multiple Studio users into a single unit, allowing you to set permissions for all of them at the same time instead of doing it for each person individually. After you have defined a Group, it can be used in any Session or Project you own or create. Users can be added to Groups before they have joined Studio or even created a Studio account.
When creating Groups, keep in mind that Revu will allow somebody to be in multiple Groups within the same Session
Only the owner's Groups can be used in a Project or Session, whether the owner is the person who created the Project or Session or somebody who has had ownership transferred to them. Administrators (that is, users with Full Control permissions within the Project or Session) can view the owner's Groups and use them for certain tasks in the Project or Session, but they cannot add or remove people from those Groups, nor can they use their own Groups.
- Open a Studio Session or Project that you own. If one is not currently available. you can start a new Session or a new Project for this purpose.
- Click Settings in the Session panel toolbar or the Project tab. The Project Settings or Session Settings dialog box appears.
- Click the Permissions tab.
Manage Groups. The Groups Membership Management dialog box appears.
- To create a new Group:
- Click in the Groups section. The Add Group dialog box appears.
- Enter a name for the Group and click OK.
- To add a member to a Group:
- Select the desired Group from the Groups list.
- Click in the Members section. The Add User dialog box appears.
Enter the email address of the new member and click OK.
- Repeat as needed to create additional Groups or add more members to a Group.
- Click OK.