Batch Apply Stamp
The Batch Apply Stamp process applies a selected stamp to multiple PDFs or multiple pages of a multi-paged PDF at the same time. A single stamp is applied in the same position on each document.
Documents do not need to be open in Revu to be included in the Batch Apply Stamp process: if a document is open in Revu when the process is run, the stamp is applied to the document but the document will not be saved; the user will need to save manually. If a document is not open in Revu, the stamp will be applied and saved to the document automatically without opening the document in Revu.
The Batch Stamp feature for multiple PDFs is discussed here. There is also a single-PDF version of the Stamp tool.
The Batch Stamp process can be run against any number of PDFs, a single, multi-paged PDF, or a Set.
PDFs do not need to be open in Revu when the process is run. If a document is open in Revu, any changes resulting from the process will be made to the document, but the document will not be saved or checked in (if relevant); the user will need to save and check in the document manually. If a document is not open in Revu, and it is not checked out/locked by another user, changes will be applied and saved to the document automatically (without opening the document in Revu).
To run a batch apply stamp process:
- Go to Batch > Apply Stamp. The Apply Stamp dialog box appears.
- To use a previously saved batch of PDFs, click Load and select the desired file.
The active PDF, if any, is automatically added to the process. To add more PDFs, click Add and use one or more of the following methods:
- Files: Adds individual files from a network or local drive. Selecting this option will cause the Open dialog box to appear. Navigate to the appropriate location and select the desired files.
- Open Files: Adds all files currently open in Revu.
- Open Set: Adds all files contained in the current Set.
- Folder: Adds all files in a selected folder on a network or local drive, but not files contained in any of its subfolders. Selecting this option will cause the Select Folder dialog box to appear. Navigate to the desired folder and select it.
- Folder and Subfolders: Adds all files in a selected folder on a network or local drive as well as all files within any of its subfolders. Selecting this option will cause the Select Folder dialog box to appear. Navigate to the desired folder and select it.
- By default, any document in the Files list will be affected. To remove a document from the Files list, select it and click Remove.
To specify which pages of a PDF will be processed, select it, then click the Pages menu and choose from the following:
- All Pages: Sets the range to all pages.
- Current: Sets the range to the current page only.
- Custom: Sets the range to a custom value.
When this option is selected, the field acts like a text box. Delete any text left in the field and enter the page or pages to be printed directly.To enter a custom range:
- Use a dash between page numbers to define those two pages and all pages in between.
- Use a comma to define pages that are separated.
For example: 1-3, 5, 9 will include pages 1, 2, 3, 5 and 9.
- Current View: Limits the process to the current zoom.
- Even Pages: Limits the process to only even pages.
- Odd Pages: Limits the process to only odd pages.
- Landscape Pages: Limits the process to only landscape-oriented pages.
- Portrait Pages: Limits the process to only portrait-oriented pages.
First Page: Limits the process to just the first page of the document.
Last Page: Limits the process to just the last page of the document.
- To save this batch for future use, click Save and save it to a local or network drive.
- Select the stamp to apply from the Stamp list. A preview of the selected stamp is shown in the viewport to the right and file data is populated below. By default, the last stamp applied using this process is pre-selected.
- The stamps available in this list depend on the current Location. Click the button to the right of the Location to select a different source folder.
- Set any or all of the following options, as desired:
- Blend Mode: Defines the method by which the color in the stamp blends with the underlying PDF content.
- Opacity: Sets the transparency of the stamp.
- Lock: When enabled, locks stamps to protect them from being edited.
- Rotation: Rotates the stamp clockwise by the number of degrees indicated. Use the arrows to the right to increment by 15 degrees or manually enter a rotation value.
- Scale: Determines the size of stamp, as a percentage of the stamp's default size. Use the arrows to the right to increment by 10 percent or manually enter a scale.
- Set the Stamp Position:
- Anchor: Set an anchor point by clicking one of the boxes in the grid.
- X and Y: Enter displacement values as appropriate. This will place the stamp that distance from the anchor point along the X and/or Y axis.
- There is an opportunity to edit the selected stamp from this screen, but be aware that doing so will cancel the Batch Stamp process and all current settings will be lost. To edit the selected stamp, click Edit. The Batch Stamp process is canceled and the stamp is opened in Revu.
- Click OK. The stamp is placed in the selected documents.