Organizing and Summarizing Results
Use the Markups list to organize, process, and summarize your results. This section will cover filtering markups and exporting and appending summaries.
The filter provides an easy way to emphasize or hide certain parts of your estimate. This way you can focus on all the Carpeting, for example, while hiding all the Tile and other takeoffs.
- On the Markups list toolbar, click <![CDATA[ ]]>Filter.
- Click the filter icon next to the Subject column and select the desired option (for example, Carpet).
Only the matching markups will be visible in the Markups list, and on the drawing other markups will appear grayed out.
You can export the data to Excel or other spreadsheet programs using a CSV or XML export, or you can output a PDF summary that can either be appended to the drawing you are working on or made into a separate file.
Note that Revu sometimes outputs two extra columns of data that are used internally but have little use outside of the Revu program, so when exporting to Excel via either of these methods, you might want to hide the first two columns of the resulting spreadsheet.
- On the Markups list toolbar, go to <![CDATA[ ]]> Summary and select XML (or CSV) Summary.
- Enter the range of pages you want summarized and any other options desired, then click OK.
- Chose a location to save the file, such as your Desktop, and click OK.
A PDF summary of the Markups list includes a thumbnail preview of each markup along with the data you’ve created. PDF summaries that are appended to the original PDF also include a hyperlink to the original markup. That way, as you are scrolling through the chart, if you want to jump back to the original drawing to check a measurement or see a larger context, a click will take you there. To create a PDF summary and append it to your drawing, perform the following steps.
On the Markups list toolbar, go to Summary > PDF Summary. The PDF Summary dialog box appears.
- Choose which pages to summarize from the Pages menu.
- In the Filter and Sort tab, you can set up filters on selected columns to filter out certain data.
- Enable Append and Hyperlink to Current PDF.
Click the Style list and choose Flow or Table. Flow covers one markup at a time in a roomy readable flow. Table recreates the layout of the Markups list in a tabular format that fits more information per page.
Note: If you choose the Table style summary, an additional option, Use Current Column Widths, will be available. Uncheck this box to inherit the relative column widths of the current Markups list layout. Check this box to use default widths and override the Markups list's layout.
- Click the Thumbnail list and choose Small, Medium, or Large. This setting determines the size of the preview of each markup in the summary.
- Click OK.
The summary will be created and appended. To view the summary, select the Thumbnails tab and click a summary page to jump to it in the workspace.
On the summary, each takeoff appears next to a display of data related to it. Click a markup to jump to that area of the original drawing.