Creating a Custom Status for the Markups List
Revu users can set the status of any markup in the Markups list. Revu comes preloaded several common Review and Migration states and supports custom states to suit any workflow.
In the example below, we are going to create a custom model for the state of valves in our drawings and then create states for Open and Closed. In addition, we are going to configure these states to turn the markups on our drawings different colors (green for Open and red for Closed) and, as an additional caution, to show the word "Closed" under any valve set to Closed.
Revu comes preloaded with default models (Review and Migration) that cannot be altered. In order to create custom statuses, a custom model must be created first.
- Go to Window > Panels > Markups or press ALT+L to show the Markups list.
On the Markups list, click the icon on the Status column and select Manage Status. The Manage Status dialog box appears.
- If the Status column is not visible, go to Markups List > Columns > Status to show it.
Below the Models list, click Add.
The Model dialog box appears.
Enter a name for the model
(in this example, Valve)and click OK.
- Click the new model in the Models list to select it.
Below the States list, click Add.
The State Properties dialog box appears.
- Enter a name for the new status in the Name field.
- To associate text with this status, check Text and enter it in the corresponding field. Whenever a markup that is grouped with a Text Box markup is set to this status, the text will automatically set to the value entered here.
To associate a color with this status, check Color and choose one by clicking the corresponding color box. Whenever a markup is set to this status, it will automatically change to this color.
- Click OK.
Click OK to close the Manage Status dialog box. The custom model will now appear in the Set Status list as a submenu with its associated, custom statuses inside it.
In the following illustration, several valve markups have been set to a Status of Open and the color of these markups changed to green automatically. One valve's markup Status has been set to Closed, so the color changed to red and the Text Box that was grouped with it automatically populated with the text "Closed." For tracking purposes, the Status column in the Markups List includes user information and a date/time stamp.