Opening a File From ProjectWise
To open a file from ProjectWise:
- There are three ways to open a file from a DMS in Revu when a DMS interface is configured:
If you have enabled Always Show Selection dialog in File Access Preferences, the Open From selection dialog box appears.
Select the desired ProjectWise datasource and click OK. If you are prompted to log in, do so. The Open Document dialog box appears.
- If Always Show Selection dialog is not enabled in File Access Preferences,, the Open Document dialog box opens directly.
- Navigate to the desired document in the Document window and select it. The Address, Description, and File Name fields will populate with available data to confirm that the correct document has been selected.
- To both open and check out the file, uncheck Open document as read-only. Otherwise, the file will open without being checked out.
- If Open document as read-only is already unchecked, the configuration settings for this DMS are set to automatically check out files when they are opened. Check it to open the file without checking it out.
- Click Open. The file appears in the Revu workspace and, if appropriate, is checked out.