Revu on Tablets
Revu is compatible with touch-screen tablet PCs. It will recognize when a stylus is used, automatically configuring touch input to target, pan, zoom and selection while stylus input handles all other tools. When a stylus is not detected, touch input targets all functionality. This option can be changed so touch input targets all functionality regardless of the presence of a stylus in the Tablet Preferences.
In addition, you might find it advantageous to use Full Screen mode in order to maximize the viewable area for the user. Go to Window > Full Screen to activate it. When in this mode, you will have access to the Full Screen toolbar, a configurable, floating toolbar with tools that can be useful to touch-screen tablet PC users, including specialized Shift and Escape icons to simulate the use of the SHIFT and ESC keys when a keyboard is not available.
Note: It might be necessary to enable one or both of these icons on the Full Screen toolbar. See Customizing Toolbars for more information.
You can exit Full Screen mode any time by tapping the Full Screen button at the bottom of the floating toolbar, if desired.
Frequent tablet PCs users might also want to create and customize one or more toolbars and/or create a custom Profile for use on their tablet PCs.
Zoom & Pan Control: "Double-tap" the stylus on the main workspace to display the zoom control. This tool makes it easier to zoom and pan a PDF using just the stylus. Click the stylus anywhere within the light-blue area and drag up to zoom in or drag down to zoom out. Click anywhere outside the light-blue area to pan.
- Special Keyboard Buttons: Shift and Escape icons are available to add to any toolbar to simulate the use of those keyboard keys when using Revu on a device without a keyboard. For example, a Line markup will lock to 0, 45 or 90 degrees when the SHIFT key is held down. Clicking the Shift button will activate it, causing Revu to act as if the SHIFT key was being held down on the keyboard until it's clicked again, and enabling access to that functionality. The Full Screen toolbar is a common place for these icons, though it might be necessary to add them if they are not there already. See Customizing Toolbars for more information
- Handwriting Recognition: Revu makes use of Window's Tablet PC Input Panel for handwriting recognition when making annotations requiring text input. When adding a Text Box or Callout, a button appears. Click this button to activate the input panel. Text entered will be recognized and filled into the Text Box or Callout markup. For more information about text input, see the Windows help about the Tablet PC Input Panel.
- Pen Resolution: Revu will use a higher resolution when making pen or highlight annotations.
- Pressure Sensitivity: When Enable Pressure Sensitivity is enabled in the Tablet Preferences and using the Pen and Highlight tools, Revu will automatically detect the amount of pressure being applied and react accordingly. For example, pushing down firmer with the stylus generates a thicker line.
- Sharing Markups: Annotations may be copied between Revu and other tablet applications.
- Camera: Photos taken with your tablet's built-in camera can be inserted as Image markups or embedded into existing markups. To embed a photo into an existing markup, select the markup first; if no markup is selected, the image will be added to the PDF as its own markup. Then take the picture:
Go to Tools > Markup > Image > From Camera or use the keyboard shortcut CTRL+ALT+I.A Camera preview window appears showing the current view from the device's primary camera.
- Click the Shutter button to take a picture.
- Click Use to place the photo onto the document, or Retake to try again.