Thank you for choosing Revu 2019! This tutorial will teach you how to install Revu on your Microsoft® Windows® computer.
If you haven’t done so already, go to our Downloads & updates page and download the installer for the edition and software version listed on your license certificate.
Check your Windows updates
Before starting the Revu installation, we highly recommend installing the latest Windows updates and completing any pending reboots, as failure to do so may cause issues with the Microsoft .NET Framework and Revu installations.
To check for Windows updates:
With the Revu installer downloaded and your computer up-to-date, you can begin the installation:
- Double-click the Revu installation file that you downloaded earlier to start the installation process.
- When the InstallShield Wizard dialog box displays, select the desired language and click Next.
- If an older version of Revu is installed, the Installation Options dialog box may appear.
The Installation Options dialog will only appear when upgrading from Revu 2016 or newer. Click Next after selecting your choice. Both of these options will migrate your existing Revu settings to the newly installed version.
- Click Upgrade if you have upgraded your Revu license to Revu 2019.
- Click Side-by-Side if you haven’t upgraded and are installing Revu 2019 to evaluate the new version before purchasing.
- Select your installation options and click Install.
During this part of the process, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 will also be installed if it is not already. This may take some time, please allow for this process to finish.Revu will not install correctly without .NET Framework 4.7.1 or higher.
- Towards the end of the installation process, if Revu needs to install .NET Framework, you’ll be prompted to restart the computer. If instructed to do so, save your work and close all other programs before clicking Restart Now.
Please allow time for the Revu installation to resume after .NET Framework is installed and Windows restarts. The Revu installation will resume automatically, but only after Windows has fully started and loaded all programs that start with Windows. If Outlook starts, it needs to be closed before the Revu installation can finish.
- When the Bluebeam Registration appears, enter the serial and product key listed on the License Certificate that was sent when the software was purchased, and click Register.
Alternatively, click Use as Trial if you haven’t purchased a license yet, or would like to complete the registration later. Clicking Cancel skips the registration process and activates a 30-day trial.
- Click Finish when the final installation dialog appears. Do not start Revu or the Bluebeam Administrator until after clicking Finish and the final installation window closes.
- The installation may require you to restart Windows. Save your work and close your programs before clicking Yes to proceed.
If you encounter issues during the installation process, you can read this installation error article. If the problem persists, please contact us for licensing and registration questions or software support.
For help with error messages during the registration process, please refer to our article on Bluebeam registration errors.