Thank you for choosing Revu 2019! This tutorial will teach you how to install Revu on your Microsoft® Windows® computer.
Check your Windows updates
Before starting the Revu installation, we highly recommend installing the latest Windows updates and completing any pending reboots, as failure to do so may cause issues with the .NET Framework and Revu installations.
See the following pages to check for Windows updates:
If you haven’t done so already, head to our Download Center and download the installer for the edition and software version listed on your license certificate.
Before upgrading or installing a new version of Revu, check in all Project files and ensure pending Session items have been uploaded to avoid potential data conflicts between versions. Click here for more information on reconciling changes.
With the Revu installer downloaded and your computer up-to-date, you can begin the installation:
- Open the Revu installation file you downloaded from the Download Center.
- When the InstallShield Wizard dialog box displays, select the desired language and click Next.
- If you have an earlier version of Revu already installed (Revu 2016 and above), the Installation Options dialog box will appear.
- Click Upgrade if you want to update your existing software to the latest version (e.g., Revu 2018 to Revu 2019.)
- Click Side-by-Side if you are installing a new version of Revu to evaluate before purchasing. This way, you will be able to keep both instances of Revu on your computer.
- Click Install after selecting your choice.
If Revu needs to install .NET Framework during this process, you’ll be prompted to restart the computer. If instructed to do so, save your work and close all other programs before clicking Restart Now. The Revu installation will resume automatically after restarting.
- When the Bluebeam Registration appears, enter the Serial Number and Product Key listed on the License Certificate that was sent to your email from firstname.lastname@example.org at the time of purchase.
- Click Register. If you haven’t purchased a license yet, or would like to complete the registration at another time, click Use as Trial.
- Click Finish when the final installation dialog appears. Do not start Revu or the Bluebeam Administrator until you click Finish and the final installation window closes.
The installation is now completed. You may need to restart Windows before before proceeding. Save your work and close any running application before restarting.
For help with possible errors during the registration process, see Revu registration errors for a list of common solutions. If an issue persists, contact us for further installation and registration support.