What is Bluebeam Drawings?
Drawings gives you the freedom to view drawings on any device, anywhere. All drawings are optimized for web and mobile and are free to view.
How do I access Bluebeam Drawings?
You can access Drawings on the web or the Drawings mobile app.
How does uploading work?
When your files are ready to be sent to the field, they should be uploaded to the Drawings web app.
When a Drawing Uploader adds a file to Drawings, it initiates a series of cloud processes:
- Converts PDFs to single pages
- Identifies the drawing number and drawing title
- Detects the drawing discipline, using the drawing number
- Detects and manages any new drawing versions
- Finds and creates sheet links for simple navigation
Drawings is optimized using the United States National CAD Standard® (NCS). Traditional discipline designators (A for architecture, C for civil, etc) that appear within a sheet’s drawing number are identified by Drawings and used to categorize each uploaded sheet into the appropriate discipline. These settings can also be customized, allowing Drawings to recognize and match the designator and its corresponding discipline on any project you’re a part of.
How do I distribute drawings?
Once processing is complete, Drawings sends an email alert to users who have permission to publish. Users with publishing permissions can:
- Review: Review and validate the automatically detected drawing information.
- Publish: Send drawings to project partners in the field.
- Share: Invite anyone to view published drawings, for free on any device.
How do I access the Drawings app on mobile?
- Download the Bluebeam Drawings app, available on iOS and Android.
- Sign in using your Bluebeam ID.
- When you enter the application, you’ll see Projects available in the cloud.
- Select a Project and tap “Download Project.”
You can now view the Project on your device. Use swipe gestures to easily navigate between sheets, pinch or double tap to zoom, and click to access sheet, document, and web links that have previously been added.
Do I need to own Revu to view drawings?
You don’t need Revu to view sheets within Drawings. All you need is a Bluebeam ID and the Drawings web or mobile app. Users who need to upload and distribute sheets; however, will need Revu 2018 with Maintenance.
Invites can be sent from within the Drawings web app by going into Settings and clicking Invite on the top right.
How many sheets can I upload to Drawings?
Drawings sheet limits are based on the number of seats on your Revu license with Maintenance:
- 1-4 seats: 5,000 sheet limit
- 5-49 seats: 25,000 sheet limit
- 50-499: 100,000 sheet limit
- 500+ seats: 500,000 sheet limit
Can I access Drawings offline?
Bluebeam Drawings is available for offline use in the mobile application.
What file types can be uploaded to Drawings?
Only PDF files can be uploaded to Drawings.
I want to view sheets in Drawings:
I want to publish sheets in Drawings:
To review and publish within Drawings, you need the Full Control permission enabled by the owner of the Project you are working in. If you are the Project Owner, you already have this permission. If not, you need the Project Owner or someone else with Full Control within the Project to give you the permission. For more information on these permissions, click here.
I want to upload sheets to Drawings:
To upload sheets to Drawings, you’ll need to be designated as a Drawings Uploader. Drawings Uploaders can be assigned within the Gateway by a Gateway admin. Your Gateway admin is typically the person who purchased Revu, or your IT administrator. If you want to be a Drawings Uploader, contact them. Learn more about adding Drawings Uploaders here.
As a Drawings Uploader, you will still need Full Control permissions in Projects where you wish to upload files to Drawings. See the Drawings User Permissions guide for more information.
For more information about uploading and publishing, visit our dedicated article.