This article applies to:
- Revu eXtreme
Although users can fill out forms in any version of Revu, you can only create and edit PDF forms in Revu eXtreme. In this article, we’ll cover how to add a check box form field to a new or existing form. For an overview of the Forms and Form Field Properties panels, please see PDF Forms.
Add a check box to a form
To add a check box to your PDF form:
- Go to Tools > Form > Check Box or press (Alt+Q) to open the Forms panel, and then select Check Box from the top row.
- Click-and-drag where you’d like to place the check box on your form.
- Select the new check box, so its yellow control points become visible.
- Right-click and select Properties, which will launch the Form Field Properties panel.
- Under General, be sure to name the new form field. You can also edit its appearance and layout or add an action.
- When finished customizing the new form field, press Esc to deselect the check box.
To reselect a form field, you’ll need to launch the Forms panel (Alt+Q) and select it from the list. When done editing form fields, press Esc twice to fully exit.
- To create a label for the new check box, go to Tools > Markup > Text Box. Then click-and-drag a text box next to the form field.