Installation Guide: How to install Bluebeam Revu and Vu 2016
Bluebeam Revu and Vu 2016
Thank you for choosing Bluebeam Revu 2016! This tutorial shows you how to install Revu on your Windows computer.
Although this article covers Windows 7 Service Pack 1, the same instructions are applicable in Windows 10 and 8.1 with only minor changes.
Downloading Bluebeam Revu
These instructions assume you’ve already downloaded the installation file for Bluebeam Revu. If you haven’t done so, please go to our Downloads and Updates page and download the installer for the edition and software version listed on your license certificate.
Check Your Windows Updates
Before starting the Revu installation, we highly recommend that you make sure your Windows Updates are current, and that any pending reboots have completed.
Note: A pending reboot may cause issues with the Microsoft .NET Framework and Revu the installations.
To find out if your computer needs to be updated, click the Windows Start button, type Windows Update and press enter. Look for “Windows is up to date.”
Click Restart now if you see a message saying “The updates were successfully installed” and telling you to “restart now to finish installing.” This must be done in order to complete the Windows Update process.
Installing Bluebeam Revu
- Double-click the Bluebeam Revu installation file that you’d downloaded earlier to start the installation process.
- Click Next in the InstallShield Wizard dialog.
- Select the desired language, if it’s different than what’s selected.
- Read through the License Agreement carefully, click “I accept the terms in the license agreement” if you agree to accept, and then click Next.
- You may need to choose the product to install by clicking Standard, CAD or eXtreme, and then click Next.
- Select your Install Options: Click Install to accept the default destination folder of C:\Program Files\Bluebeam Software\Bluebeam Revu\2016 and then click Next.
If you want to install the software in a different folder, click Browse, select the new location, and then click Next to continue the installation.
- During this part of the process, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 will also be installed if .NET version 4.5 or higher isn’t already on the machine, and it may take a long time in some cases. Please allow enough time for this to finish. Revu will not install correctly without .NET Framework 4.5 or higher.
- Click the Restart Now if you’re prompted to reboot the computer at the end of the .NET Framework installation.
Note: Sometimes the .NET Framework 4.5.2 reboot prompt displays behind the Bluebeam Revu installer window. If this happens, click the .NET Framework button in the Windows taskbar to bring it to the top, then click Restart Now.
Please allow time for the Revu installation to resume after .NET Framework is installed and Windows restarts. The Revu installation will resume automatically, but only after Windows has fully started and loaded all programs that start with Windows. If Outlook starts, it needs to be closed before the Revu installation can finish.
- When the Bluebeam Registration appears, enter the serial and product key listed on the License Certificate that was sent when the software was purchased, and click Register. Alternatively, click Use as Trial if you haven’t purchased a license yet, or would like to complete the registration later. Clicking Cancel skips the registration process and also activates the trial.
- Click Finish when the final installation dialog appears. Do not start Revu or the Bluebeam Administrator until after clicking Finish and the final installation window closes.
We have FAQ articles covering different installation issues if any of them arise. If you run into any error massages during the registration process please refer to our article on Bluebeam Registration errors.
If the problem still persists, please contact us for licensing and registration questions or software support.