This article applies to:
- Revu 20
- Revu 2019
- Revu 2018
Bluebeam has a Studio instance hosted in the U.K. This article provides more information on how it works.
What’s the difference between Studio and Studio U.K.?
Until 2018, Studio had been hosted exclusively on an AWS instance hosted in the U.S. In order to better serve its European customers, Bluebeam started a separate AWS instance located in London.
Studio U.K. is capable of running all Studio Project and Studio Session features — however, Studio Prime is not currently available.
Which server should I use?
- Your local laws may affect where you can store certain types of data.
- Do you already have important data stored on one of the servers? Copying data from one server to the other must be done manually.
- Which server do your colleagues use? Since Studio accounts as well as Projects and Sessions are incompatible between servers, you may have difficulty working with certain colleagues in Revu.
Which versions of Revu are supported?
Setting up Studio U.K.
If you have not logged into Studio on your machine before, Studio U.K. will be available automatically (see How do I connect to Studio U.K.?). If you have logged into Studio U.S. with an older version of Revu, you will have to add Studio U.K. manually:
- Go to Revu > Preferences (Ctrl+K).
- In the Preferences window, select Studio from the sidebar.
- Click the Servers tab.
- Click + (near the bottom of the server list).
- In the Create New Server dialog, enter bluebeamstudio.co.uk in the Server field.
- Click OK.
If you would like to use Studio U.K. as your default server, switch to the Options tab and select bluebeamstudio.co.uk from the Primary Server dropdown.
How do I connect to Studio U.K.?
- Next to the Sign In button, you will see a flag drop-down indicating the server you are going to connect to. If you see the U.S. flag, click on it and select bluebeamstudio.co.uk.
- Click Sign In.
- The Studio sign in dialog will open. If this is your first time logging into Studio U.K., you will have to create a Studio account. Otherwise, you can log in normally.
Can I transfer data from Studio U.S. to Studio U.K.?
Yes, you can copy data from the U.S. server and upload it to the U.K. server manually.
Once the UK leaves the European Union, will the Studio server (US and UK instances) remain compliant with GDPR?
If you have questions or need more information, please reach out to email@example.com.