Revu can print multiple PDFs at the same time, provided the desired print conditions for each PDF are the same. How to print multiple PDFs in Revu is described here. The process for printing just one PDF is slightly different and is described elsewhere.
Go to Batch > Print. The batch Print dialog box appears.
- To use a previously saved batch of PDFs, click Load and select the desired file.
The active PDF, if any, is automatically added to the process. To add more PDFs, click Add and use one or more of the following methods:
- Files: Adds individual files from a network or local drive. Selecting this option will cause the Open dialog box to appear. Navigate to the appropriate location and select the desired files.
- Open Files: Adds all files currently open in Revu.
- Open Set: Adds all files contained in the current Set.
- Folder: Adds all files in a selected folder on a network or local drive, but not files contained in any of its subfolders. Selecting this option will cause the Select Folder dialog box to appear. Navigate to the desired folder and select it.
- Folder and Subfolders: Adds all files in a selected folder on a network or local drive as well as all files within any of its subfolders. Selecting this option will cause the Select Folder dialog box to appear. Navigate to the desired folder and select it.
- By default, any document in the Files list will be affected. To remove a document from the Files list, select it and click Remove.
PDFs are printed in the order they appear in the File List. Drag and drop them to change the print order.
To specify which pages of a PDF will be processed, select it, then click the Pages menu and choose from the following:
- All Pages: Sets the range to all pages.
- Current: Sets the range to the current page only.
- Custom: Sets the range to a custom value.
When this option is selected the list becomes a text box.To enter a custom range:
- Use a dash between page numbers to define those two pages and all pages in between.
- Use a comma to define pages that are separated.
For example: 1-3, 5, 9 will include pages 1, 2, 3, 5 and 9.
- Current View: Limits the process to the current zoom.
- Even Pages: Limits the process to only even pages.
- Odd Pages: Limits the process to only odd pages.
- Landscape Pages: Limits the process to only landscape-oriented pages.
- Portrait Pages: Limits the process to only portrait-oriented pages.
- First Page: Limits the process to just the first page of the document.
- Last Page: Limits the process to just the last page of the document.
- To save this batch for future use, click Save and save it to a local or network drive.
- Set any of the following options, as desired:
Name: Lists the available printers on the system.
Size: Use this list to select the page size manually.
Choose Portrait or Landscape orientation.
Print: Defines what streams print. Choose among Document & Markups, Document Only, or Markups Only.
Copies: Determines how many copies of the PDF or selected pages will print.
Collate: Keeps pages in order when printing multiple copies. For example, if unchecked, two copies of a three-page document will print in this order: 1,1,2,2,3,3. If checked, the order will be 1,2,3,1,2,3.
This option is not available when printing only one copy.
Reverse: Check this box to print the file in reverse page order.
Rotation: Rotates the page content or allows Revu to automatically rotate the content when appropriate.
None: Prints the page at full scale.
Fit to Paper:
Expandsor shrink sthe page to fit the paper size.
Reduce to Paper: Reduces the page to fit the paper.
Custom Scale: Activates the Custom Scale field. Enter a custom scale percentage to manually scale the document to the page.
Fit to Margins: Expands or shrinks the page within the margins of the paper.
Reduce to Margins: Shrinks the page to fit within the margins of the paper.
Multiple Pages per Sheet: Prints multiple pages on each sheet of paper. Activates the following additional settings:
Pages per: Determines the number of pages to a sheet. Choosing a number other than 1 will result in the defined number of pages being shrunk to fit the page.
Layout: Chooses the orientation and direction of the pages on the sheet.
Center: Automatically centers the content on the page. To manually position the content, turn off this option and enter the X and Y position of the upper-left corner of the content.
Dim Page Content: De-emphasizes the page content so that the annotations appear more prominent in the printout.
Dim Filtered Markups: De-emphasizes the markups so the content of the page is more prominent.
Print Spaces: Shows Spaces on printed page.
- Click Print.