The Search panel allows you to search for text in the current PDF
Go to Window > Panels > Search or press either ALT+1 or CTRL+F to show the Search panel.
The Search panel has two toolbars, one for selecting the type of search performed and a second that contains several tools for working with search results. This second set of tools is not available until after a search has been run.
Text: Select to run a Text Search.
Visual: Select to run a Visual Search.
Check All: Selects all result items. This makes it easy to apply bulk changes to search result terms across multiple documents.
Actions menu: Contains commands that can be performed on all checked items at once. These commands can also be performed on individual search results by right-clicking the result and choosing the command from the context menu.
Hyperlink Checked: Creates a hyperlink for each result selected.
Mark for Redaction: Redacts each result selected.
Apply Count Measurement to Checked: Adds a Count Measurement markup to each result selected. Select a count symbol from the menu that appears.
Highlight Checked: Applies a Highlight markup to each result selected.
Underline Checked: Applies an Underline markup to each result selected.
Squiggly Checked: Applies a Squiggly markup to each result selected.
Strikethrough Checked: Applies a Strikethrough markup to each result selected.
Clear Search Results: Clears the current search results list.
Text must be present in the PDF file for
- Include Sub-Folders: Searches any sub-folders found in the designated folder. Only available when Folder is selected as a search parameter.
- Search Pages: Searches for text in the content of the PDF.
- Search Filenames: Searches the file names in the Recents list or designated folder when either Recents or Folder is selected as a search parameter.
- Search File Properties: Searches for text in the Properties metadata fields.
- Search Form Fields: Searches for text in the data entered in the form fields.
- Search Markups: Searches for text in markups.
- Case Sensitive: Searches for text with the exact case typed in the Search Terms field.
- Whole Words Only: Searches only for instances where the search term exists as a complete word. If the search term is partially contained in another word and the Whole Words Only box is checked, it will not be included in the search results.
VisualSearchTM allows for the searching of graphical symbols in PDFs. To set the search criteria, click Get Rectangle and draw a rectangle around the symbol or graphic that you want to search for in the document. See Searching PDFs for more information on running VisualSearch on a PDF.