By default Bluebeam Revu does not maintain revisions on save. This feature, if enabled, will retain every saved version of a PDF, allowing reversion to earlier saved revisions.
Note: Maintaining revisions will result in significantly larger file sizes due to the additional information stored to retain the revision history.
To enable maintaining revisions:
- Go to Revu > Preferences or press
CTRL+K. The Preferences dialog box appears.
Go to General > Document.
- From the Save Mode dropdown menu select Maintain Revisions.
When this setting is enabled, saving a PDF will cause a new revision to be saved automatically.
To revert to a previous version:
- Go to File > Revert As and select the version you wish to revert to. The Save As dialog box appears.
- Navigate to and select a location to save the new reverted file. If desired, enter a new name for the file.
- The default name for reverted files is <PDF name>_Rev#.
- Click Save.
To remove all revisions from a PDF, go to Save > Publish As and select one of the available options:
- Compressed 1.5
Uncompressed will remove all previous revision histories from the PDF. This has two benefits: others cannot access previous revisions of the PDF, and eliminating old versions reduces the file size. If you need more file size reduction, try using the Compressed 1.5 format