Revu can open files from ProjectWise when a DMS interface is configured. You can also start a new Studio Session with a file from ProjectWise.
- There are three ways to open a file from a DMS in Revu when a DMS interface is configured:
If you have enabled Always Show Selection Dialog in File Access Preferences, the Open From selection dialog box appears.
Select the desired ProjectWise datasource and click OK. If you are prompted to log in, do so. The Open Document dialog box appears.
- If Always Show Selection Dialog is not enabled in File Access Preferences, the Open Document dialog box opens directly.
- Navigate to the desired document in the Document window and select it. The Address, Description, and File Name fields will populate with available data to confirm that the correct document has been selected.
- To both open and check out the file, uncheck Open document as read-only. Otherwise, the file will open without being checked out.
- If Open document as read-only is already unchecked, the configuration settings for this DMS are set to automatically check out files when they are opened. Check it to open the file without checking it out.
- Click Open. The file appears in the Revu workspace and, if appropriate, is checked out.
You can start a new Studio Session using a ProjectWise file from within ProjectWise. Make sure that ProjectWise integration is enabled within the Bluebeam Administrator (see the help available from within the Bluebeam Administrator for more information about enabling plugins). Additionally, ensure that ProjectWise is configured as a DMS within Revu in the File Access Preferences.
- From within ProjectWise, right-click the desired file and select Start Studio Session.
- If you are not currently logged into the ProjectWise datasource within Revu already, you will be prompted to do so.
- If you are not currently logged into Studio already, you will be prompted to do so.
- The Start Studio Session dialog box appears. See Starting a New Session for more information about starting Studio Sessions.
This process starts a new Studio Session using the selected ProjectWise file. To add a ProjectWise file to an existing Studio Session, do the following:
- Log into the desired Session,
- Open the ProjectWise file in Revu.
- Right-click the document tab of the ProjectWise file and select Add to open Studio Session. See Managing Studio Session Documents for more information about managing Studio Session files.