Studio Projects open in their own tabs in the main workspace and it is within these tabs that you interact with Project files. If you are the Host of the Project, it is also where you manage the Project.
To open a Studio Project that you have previously attended, open the Studio panel, click Projects, and double-click it. To attend a Studio Project for the first time, see Joining a Studio Project. Multiple Projects can be open at the same time.
You can filter your list of Projects to find the one you want to open. Click Filter on the Studio panel toolbar and select a filtering method.
Projects open in a tab in the main workspace, beside any PDFs and WebTabs that are also open. Project tabs present tools specific to interacting with Project documents and managing Project settings. When the Project is one you are hosting, there are a few additional management tools available.
When viewing a Studio Project tab, there are multiple ways to navigate to desired Project files, including a folder tree on the left of the tab and either a thumbnail or list view on the right. A useful feature of the thumbnail view as that PDFs that have been cached to your local device will show a preview of the document, while uncached PDFs will show a generic PDF icon, making it easy to see which PDFs are ready to be viewed offline. You can cache additional files by opening them while online. For more information about working with the files in a Project, see Working with Files in a Studio Project.
Files and folders in Projects are tagged with a variety of badges depending on their current status. See Status Icons for Studio Files for more information.
If Open Project documents in Split-View is enabled in Studio Preferences, PDFs opened from the Project tab will automatically open in a vertical split view, allowing users to view PDFs and Projects side by side.
The following tools are available in a Project tab when viewing Documents:
- Project Settings: Click to access the Project settings available to you. All attendees can manage their Notification and Shared Link statuses. See Manage Studio Notifications and Managing Shared Project Files. Project Hosts have additional settings they can manage. See Defining Access and Permissions in Studio Projects for more information.
- Invite: Click to open the Project Invitation dialog box to invite new users to the Project.
- Add: Select one of the options to add files to the Project.
New Folder: Creates a new folder in the root directory of the Project
or as a subfolder of the selected folder (depending on what you right-clicked ). Once selected, the New Folder dialog box appears. Enter a name for the folder and click OK to create it.
Upload Files: Uploads individually selected files to the root directory of the Project
or to the selected folder (depending on what you right-clicked ). Once selected, the Upload Files dialog box appears. Click Add and select to upload either Files (by navigating to the desired files), Open Files (which automatically adds all PDFs currently open) or Open Set (which automatically opens the Set currently open).
Upload Folder: Uploads the contents of a folder to the root directory of the Project
or to the selected folder (depending on what you right-clicked ). Once selected, the Select a folder to uploaddialog box appears. Navigate to and select the desired folder and click Select Folder.
- This option recreates the selected folder in the Project and uploads the contents into that folder automatically.
- Actions: Shows a list of commands available to the selected Project file or folder. This list varies according to what is selected and is usually similar to the command list found in the right-click menu.
- Search bar: Use to search Project files.
- Sort: Determines the sorting method and order of Project files. An arrow appears beside the current sorting method, with the direction of the arrow indicating whether the sort is ascending or descending.
- Thumbnails View: Shows Project files as thumbnails.
List View: Shows Project files in a list.
- The columns shown while in List View is configurable. Right-click any column header and select the desired columns: checked columns are shown, unchecked columns are hidden. Changes persist across all Projects.
- Sync: Appears when the mouse is moved over a Project file or folder. Click to tag files or folders to be included in future synchronizations. See Synchronizing Project Files for more information.