This article applies to:
- Studio Prime
You encounter the following error message when attempting to launch a Studio Session with a Non-Prime Project file or a Project file from a different Prime Network:
“Permission Denied: You are not an authorized Studio Prime Member. Please contact the Project admin.“
In Studio Prime, you can only launch Sessions from Projects within your own Studio Prime Network. Owners or admins of Non-Prime Project files (or Project files sourced from a different Studio Prime Network) are unable to grant the necessary permissions for collaboration within your Prime Network.
There are a couple workarounds for this issue:
- Contact the owner/admin of the Studio Project file in question and ask them to launch the Session. Then, Prime and Non-Prime users can be invited to collaborate.
- Alternatively, Prime Admins can invite the file owner to the Prime Network.
It’s not recommended to invite members outside your organization due to the intellectual property that will be shared between both parties.
- To invite a new member, log in to your Studio Prime portal and go to Users.
- Select Invite.
- Enter the user’s email address and select Member from the dropdown menu on the right.
- Recommended: You can add a personalized welcome message including your email signature.
- Click Send Invitations.
- Once the file owner/admin accepts the invitation and joins the Prime Network, any Prime Admin can create a Session from the Project.
All preexisting Sessions and Projects created by the new member will be moved into the Studio Prime Network and made available to Prime Admins.
For more information about roles and permissions within Studio Prime, please see the Studio Prime Administrator Guide.