When placing markups on documents that contain viewports or different scales of measurement, it’s important that your markups are sized proportionally to the scale you are working with. Using the Dynamic Tool Set Scaler, you can place correctly-scaled markups on your calibrated drawings without having to manually adjust the size of your markups each time.
You’ll need to make sure your drawing and any applicable viewports are calibrated before working with the Dynamic Tool Set Scaler.
Once you’ve calibrated your drawing:
- Go to the Tool Chest and select your desired tool set.
- At the top right corner of your tool set, click the gear and select Set Scale . The Dynamic Tool Set Scaler dialog box appears.
- Select Calibrate . The Calibrate dialog box appears.
If you already know the scale of your drawing, selecting Input allows you to enter a preset scale for your toolset.
- Click OK. Find a known length on your drawing and click to select a start point and endpoint for your measurement. A line will be drawn between the two points.
- Enter the known length between the two points.
- Click Apply Scale.
Once you’ve finished setting the scale, the Set Scale icon appears highlighted in blue. This signifies that the Dynamic Tool Set Scaler is now active and will dynamically resize your markups based on the calibrated values of your drawing and/or viewports.