- Revu 20 & below
Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Reader
You’ve opened a PDF in either Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader, and the markups aren’t appearing on the page when printing.
Why is this Happening?
This is because the default print setting only prints the PDF and not the markups.
This can be fixed by changing by the Comments & Form setting in the in the Print dialog from the default of Document to Document and Markups.
- Open the PDF file in Acrobat or Reader.
- Click File > Print.
- In Acrobat 9 and above, select Document and Markups in the Comments & Forms drop-down list.
– Or –
In Acrobat 6, select Document and comments in the Print What drop-down list.
An Alternative Solution
You can also use the Flatten Markups function to permanently merge the markups into the PDF content, which ensures that they’ll always print from within Acrobat and other PDF viewers. This can be useful when sending your PDF to others and need to be sure that the PDF file prints correctly.
- Edit Text
- Search and Replace
- Erase Content
- Cut Content
- Repair Page Content
- Reduce File Size
- Apply Redactions
- Color Processing
To flatten the markups in Bluebeam Revu and save the PDF:
- Open the PDF file in Bluebeam Revu.
- Click Document > Flatten.
- Select the desired options and click the Flatten button.
- Click Save As to save the file to a new name or click Save to save to the existing file.
Revu 2017 & Below
Follow these steps to fix markups that won’t appear on the page after printing.