- Revu 20 & below
The following error message appears when attempting to register your Bluebeam software:
You have entered a serial number for a different edition.
This error means that the serial number entered is for a different edition of Revu. The editions are Standard, CAD and eXtreme. For example, if the serial number is for Revu eXtreme, but Revu Standard or CAD is installed.
The first thing you should do is confirm that the following information matches the license certificate you received from email@example.com. If you’re unable to find your license information, see Find your Revu product key.
- Edition (Standard, etc.)
- Version number (e.g. 2018.3.4)
- Serial number
- Product key
If you have a Revu Standard license and can’t register when using a CAD plugin:
- The CAD plugins are only included in the Revu CAD and eXtreme licenses.
- Contact Sales if you would like to upgrade your Revu Standard license to Revu CAD or eXtreme.
If your license is for Revu eXtreme, but Revu Standard or CAD is installed:
- Remove the current Revu Standard or CAD installation:
- Click OK in the error message dialog box.
- Click Use as Trial or Cancel located at the bottom of the Registration dialog box.
- Close Revu and all other applications.
- In Windows: Select the Start button and enter Apps & features.
- Select Bluebeam Revu and click Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to continue uninstalling the software.
- Download and install Revu eXtreme:
- Download and install the software version listed on your license certificate.
- Locate and double-click the installer, follow the on-screen prompts.
- Copy and paste the serial number and product key from your License Certificate into their corresponding boxes in the Registration dialog box.
- Click Register.
Please contact License & Registration if the registration still fails, and be sure to include complete details about the problem along with the serial number and product key you’re entering.
Revu 2017 & Below
Revu for Mac 1
Revu for Mac 2
Licensing & Registration
This error means that the serial number entered is for a different edition of Revu. Learn what you can do to fix it.