Bluebeam has stopped development on future versions of Revu for Mac. We released a final update, Revu for Mac 2.1, in December 2019. As of March 1, 2020 Revu for Mac is no longer fully supported, and the official End of Life date is now June 28, 2023.
We understand this decision impacts many users and organizations, and we are committed to providing the support and resources required during this transition. In the meantime, here are a couple available workarounds:
- Bluebeam Cloud is a suite of web/app solutions that allows you to access project documents, mark up drawings, and complete entire workflows on-the-go. Here’s how to get started.
You must have a Bluebeam subscription plan to access Bluebeam Cloud. To start a free 30 day trial, click here.
- The Revu for iPad app allows you to easily view and markup documents, as well as collaborate with project stakeholders. To learn more, click here.
End of functionality
- After June 28, 2023 Revu for Mac will no longer have access to Studio functionality.
- After June 28, 2023, license registration may continue to work but cannot be guaranteed due to third-party dependencies and the unsupported nature of these retired versions.
- Will I be able to continue running Revu for Mac if I update my OS?
Revu for Mac 2.x is compatible with these versions of macOS. However, when a new version of macOS is released it’s not uncommon for there to be some changes that may affect performance or functionality, and Bluebeam will no longer be addressing these issues after End of Support.
- After the product reaches its end of life, what resources are available to me?
All support documentation related to Revu for Mac will remain available on our Support Site.
- Can I still buy seats of Revu for Mac?
New seat purchases are no longer available.
- Is it possible to run Revu for Windows on my Mac?
It is possible to run Revu for Windows on a Mac via Boot Camp or Parallels. However, there are potential variables in these scenarios that may cause compatibility conflicts with our software. Due to this, Bluebeam cannot extensively troubleshoot or resolve user issues in these environments.
More EOL information
- To see a list of all EOL products, go to Bluebeam End of Life (EOL) Support.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us.
Revu for Mac 1
Revu for Mac 2