Bluebeam® Revu® 2018.x
The Roboto Regular font is normally installed along with Revu, if it does not exist in the OS already. If the font is not installed, or if it is later removed or corrupted, the following issues may occur:
- After launching Revu, the splash screen appears. Revu freezes and crashes, and the “Program has stopped working” dialog box appears.
- Either no text appears, or unexpected text styles (italics, bold, etc.) appear in the Installation Wizard.
- Unexpected text styles appear in various UI components, e.g. menus, panels, drop-downs, etc.
Applies to Windows 10, 8.1, and 7 SP 1
First, download and install Roboto:
- Go to Google Fonts and download Roboto.
If you need help with the Google Fonts website, please refer to the Google Fonts FAQ page and read the section, “Can I download the fonts on Google Fonts to my own computer?”
- Once the Zip file has been downloaded, go to the download location, and then right-click > Extract on the zipped folder. Select a location where you would like to save the font files.
- In the extracted folder, right-click on Roboto-Regular.ttf and select Install.
You may need an Administrator account to install these fonts. If you do not have an Administrator account, contact your IT specialist.
At this point, one of two things may happen, depending on the cause of the issue:
- The font installs normally. This means that Roboto Regular was missing from your font library.
- A dialog box appears, which reads, “The ‘Roboto’ font is already installed. Do you want to replace it?” This means that the existing Roboto Regular font is causing the issue. Select Yes to reinstall the font.