The Bluebeam PDF printer is a virtual printer included with Revu that converts any page to a PDF via the print function of an application. The Bluebeam plugin for Microsoft Office allows you to export content-rich PDF and image files using features designed to keep your document elements intact.
Save documents as PDFs with the Bluebeam Printer
You can use the Bluebeam PDF printer to save any document with the option to print as a PDF.
- From any program that can print to a printer, open a page you’d like to save as a PDF.
- Open the Print menu. This is usually File > Print (Ctrl+P).
- In the Printer selection menu, select Bluebeam PDF as your printer.
- Adjust the printing parameters as if you were physically printing the document.
- Select Print.
The Bluebeam plugins for Microsoft Office suite
With Revu installed, the Bluebeam plugin should appear in the BLUEBEAM tab at the right of the Ribbon in Microsoft Office programs like Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Outlook.
Convert a Microsoft Office document to a PDF
Create PDF converts an open document to a PDF using your current settings.
- To adjust PDF export settings, Select Change Settings.
- In the General Settings tab, you can select which elements and attributes will appear on the resulting PDF, the dots-per-inch (dpi) of the PDF, which pages you’d like to include, and the save location.
- In the Page Setup tab, you can customize the page settings from the dropdown menu.
- Custom allows you to make a one-time adjustment that won’t be saved for future documents.
- Global allows you to save and import custom settings for future documents and other Revu users.
- In the PDF Security tab, you can password protect the printed document, or limit editing and printing permissions.
- Select OK to save your settings, or select Create File to create the PDF using these settings.
Creating batch PDFs from Microsoft Office
You can combine multiple Microsoft Office documents into batch PDFs straight from the Bluebeam plugin.
To create a batch PDF:
- In a Microsoft Office application, go to the BLUEBEAM tab, and select Batch PDF.
- Select New Batch… and then select the folders or individual files you’d like to add.
- Choose pages and page setup options from the dropdown menus.
- Your batch PDF can be exported as any of the following:
- One single output file
- One output file per document
- One output file per page
- Select the output folder, and then select OK.
- In the Bluebeam Batch window, go to Run > Batch Convert.
You’ll find your batch PDF in your selected output folder.
Revu 2017 & Below
Integrations & Plugins