- Revu 20
- Revu 2019
You’re are attempting to access Revu on a host computer or server using Microsoft’s Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). When attempting to remote into the host machine, you encounter the following error:
“LoadLibrary failed with error 126: The specified module could not be found.”
This error may be the result of various compatibility factors when using Revu via RDP, including out-of-date drivers, or a poor network connection.
The following are potential solutions to resolve this issue. Depending on your specific environment, all solutions listed may not be viable. We recommend starting with step 1 and proceeding through the following steps as needed.
1. Changing the Rendering Engine settings.
- Open Revu. Go to Revu > Preferences > Advanced > 2D Rendering.
- Under the Rendering Engine box, select Software. Click OK.
- Restart Revu and note if the issue is resolved. If the issue persists, return to the Rendering Engine box and select Legacy (GDI). Click Ok.
- Restart Revu and note if the issue is now resolved.
2. Checking drivers on host and client computers
- Ensure that drivers for both the host and client computers are current, especially for graphics cards and connected devices like laptop docks.
3. Checking your network connection
- A faulty network connection can result in significant delays when using Revu via RDP. Restarting the host and client machines may establish a more stable connection.
4. Transferring your license
- If the preceding steps have not resolved the issue, transferring your license to your local computer will ensure proper functionality.
- If you are waiting on a license release or do not have access to this information, you can download a free trial of Revu and install it on your local computer. Revu will be fully functional during this trial period, and you will be able to import custom settings to continue working as normal.
System & Environment