- Revu 21
- Revu 20
- Revu 2019
- Revu 2018
When you attempt to insert pages into a PDF in Revu, or combine PDFs using the Bluebeam Stapler, the insert/combine function fails without displaying an error message. If you try to delete pages from the same PDF in Revu, the following error message appears:
Error occurred while attempting to delete pages. If this issue persists, please contact email@example.com.
If you’re encountering these issues, your PDF contains one or more broken bookmarks, hyperlinks, and/or Spaces.
To restore the ability to insert, combine, and/or delete pages, you must remove any broken bookmarks from your document. If you need to remove broken hyperlinks or Spaces, you’ll need to recreate the PDF.
Move bookmarks up a level
Before removing any broken elements from your PDF, first try moving nested bookmarks to see if this resolves the issue.
- Open the Bookmarks panel (Alt+B).
- Select a bookmark that’s nested under a parent bookmark.
- Click and drag the bookmark to move it up to the same level as the parent bookmark.
- Repeat this for all nested bookmarks.
If moving bookmarks doesn’t work, try removing all broken bookmarks from your PDF. To do this, use the Audit Bookmarks feature in Revu:
- Open the PDF encountering issues in Revu.
- Go to the Bookmarks panel (Alt+B).
- At the top of the panel, select Bookmarks > Audit Bookmarks.
- A pop-up will display how many broken bookmarks were found in your PDF. To close it, select OK.
- After running the audit, broken bookmarks are marked with a red X in the Bookmarks panel. To remove the broken bookmarks from your PDF, select multiple by holding Ctrl or Shift while clicking them and press Delete.
- Save the PDF (Ctrl+S) and reattempt to insert, combine, or delete pages.
If your document doesn’t contain any broken bookmarks, you must recreate the PDF. To do this, follow these steps:
- Make a copy of the document by selecting File > Save As (Ctrl+Shift+S) and save it with a different file name.
- Open the saved copy of the PDF in Revu.
- If applicable, delete any markups on the PDF. To do this:
- Open the Markups List (Alt+L).
- Select a markup and press Ctrl+A to select all markups.
- Press Delete.
- Save the PDF copy by selecting File > Save (Ctrl+S) and then close it.
- In Revu, go to File > Create > From File (Ctrl+N).
- In the File Explorer, choose the PDF copy you just saved. Select Open.
- In the Save As dialog, select Save to recreate the PDF in Revu.
- If you had markups on the original PDF, you can reimport them. To do this:
- Go to the Markups List > Markups > Import.
- In the File Explorer, choose the original PDF with all your markups and select Open.
Revu 2017 & Below
Error MessageLearn how to troubleshoot PDFs that receive an error when you try to delete, insert, or combine pages in Revu.