Studio Project Tabs
Studio Projects open in their own tabs in the main workspace and it is within these tabs that you interact with Project files. If you are the Host of the Project, it is also where you manage the Project.
This page discusses Project tabs. For the other Studio interactions, see The Studio Panel and The Studio Panel in a Session.
To open a Studio Project that you have previously attended, open the Studio panel, click Projects, and double-click it. To attend a Studio Project for the first time, see Joining a Studio Project. Multiple Projects can be open at the same time.
You can filter your list of Projects to find the one you want to open. Click Filter on the Studio panel toolbar and select a filtering method.
Projects open in a tab in the main workspace, beside any PDFs and WebTabs that are also open. Project tabs present tools specific to interacting with Project documents and managing Project settings. When the Project is one you are hosting, there are a few additional management tools available.
Project tabs are divided into two parts with a folder tree view to the left and a thumbnail view to the right. You can navigate to desired Project files from either. PDFs that have been cached to your local device will show a thumbnail preview of the document in the thumbnail view area, otherwise a generic PDF icon will be shown. for more information about working with the files in a Project, see Working with Files in a Documents.
Files and folders in Projects are tagged with a variety of badges depending on their current status. See Status Icons for Studio Files for more information.
In addition, the following tools are available in a Project tab:
- Project Settings: Click to access the Project settings available to you. All attendees can manage their Notification and Shared Link statuses. See Manage Studio Notifications and Managing Shared Project Files. Project Hosts have additional settings they can manage. See Defining Access and Permissions in Studio Projects for more information.
- Invite: Click to open the Project Invitation dialog box to invite new users to the Project.
- Add: Select one of the options to add files to the Project.
New Folder: Creates a new folder in the root directory of the Project
or as a subfolder of the selected folder (depending on what you CTRL-clicked ). Once selected, the New Folder dialog box appears. Enter a name for the folder and click OK to create it.
Upload Files: Uploads individually selected files to the root directory of the Project
or to the selected folder (depending on what you CTRL-clicked ). Once selected, the Upload Files dialog box appears. Click Add and select to upload either Files (by navigating to the desired files), Open Files (which automatically adds all PDFs currently open) or Open Set (which automatically opens the Set currently open).
Upload Folder: Uploads the contents of a folder to the root directory of the Project
or to the selected folder (depending on what you CTRL-clicked ). Once selected, the Opendialog box appears. Navigate to and select the desired folder and click Open.
- This option recreates the selected folder in the Project and uploads the contents into that folder automatically.
- Actions: Shows a list of commands available to the selected Project file or folder. This list varies according to what is selected and is usually similar to the command list found in the right-click menu.
- Search bar: Use to search Project files.
- List View: Shows Project files in a list.
- Sync: Appears when the mouse is moved over a Project file or folder. Click to tag files or folders to be included in future synchronizations. See Synchronizing Project Files for more information.
Several Project-specific commands are available by
- Open Project: Opens the Project in a new tab.
- Copy Project ID: Copies the Project ID to the clipboard.
- Manage Notifications: Opens
a new browser tab to the Studio Enterprise portal.See How to Manage Studio Notifications for more information.
- Remove From List: Removes the Project from your Projects list. Does not delete the Project or affect the Projects list of other attendees.
- Delete (Project Owner only): Deletes the Project and its associated files from the Studio server. See Deleting a Project for more information.